Twilight Saga - any older fans - not your typical teenagers out there??

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 3 Aug 2009 11:16:52 BDT
Fairycake says:
Hi Cold One - not it's not just you! I thought that I had my obssession under control until I found the Fan Fiction website which has just set me and my equally obsessive friend off again - read Dark Side of the Moon by blondieAKArobin!

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Aug 2009 11:20:11 BDT
Fairycake says:
I actually felt that the actress that played Bella wasn't right for the role. I did see an interview with him that said they tried to make him seem less "old fashioned" as it was for a modern audience. Personally I love him as Edward but that could be my 30-something hormones!

You are right the movie did suck mainly because, in my opinion, two major bits were left out - the blood typing and the meadow scenes. I just don't know why they did that when the book is so descriptive and the rest of the series hangs on what happens in those scenes!

Hopefully they have learnt their lesson and New Moon will be more in line with the book!

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Aug 2009 11:24:08 BDT
Fairycake says:
Glad you also like Dark Side of the Moon Edward Fan - you can really get addicted to that whole site! Have you got to the bit where Edward says goodbye to Carlisle and Esme? I cried over that scene! There is one based on his version of Eclipse too which I'm just about to start.....how did I ever exist before I found these books?!?!?!

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Aug 2009 11:27:05 BDT
how do i find this story??what site is it on

Posted on 3 Aug 2009 12:28:37 BDT
Cullen Fan says:
Hi All: I'm so glad I posted this thread - I'm now quite happy that it is not just me that it totally obsessed with the whole Twilight Saga! I just can't wait for New Moon honestly I just keep checking the newmoonmovie.org website every day for any updates I can get. There is also the new Twilight saga web as well which is quite good but feel the first one keeps you really up to date and also has some great pictures - I have downloaded the recent RP onto my desktop and wow - those eyes - just take my breath away.

Fairycake: I couldn't agree with you more about the Twilight Film the blood scene and meadow scene were extremely important and should have been kept it.

Nadine: I think it is on www.fanfiction.net - I will have a look at home tonight think I have kept it on my favourites.

Has anyone looked at the Twlighted.net website - very good fan fiction but for over 18 only.

The Who shop in Blackpool now sells full size carboard cut outs of Edward Cullen - my daughter was trying to get me to buy one but how could I - I would get anything down and my hubbie would try to deface him and that would then cause some serious issues!

Oh god roll on 20th Nov .....

Posted on 3 Aug 2009 15:28:01 BDT
Danielle says:
After all the comments about it I have finally found (and half read through) Dark Side of the Moon (quite hard to concentrate on work at the same time). OMG this author has such a hold on the characters it is unbelievable. The narrative is fantastic.

Nadine, it is on FanFiction.Net :)

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Aug 2009 17:30:18 BDT
Fairycake says:
Nadine - paste this into your browser!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4273193/1/Dark_Side_of_the_Moon

I am so glad that others have read it and liked it as much as I did. The lady who writes is has written other good stories too!

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Aug 2009 17:32:36 BDT
Fairycake says:
Cullen Fan I'm glad you started this thread too - amazing how many of us maturer fans there are... I think we see something completely different to the youngsters!

Will try Twilighted.net and see what's on that - thanks for the tip ;-)

My friend and I wanted to get a cardboard cut out but the only option (without the understanding husbands.....) is to have it in a cupboard at work... I find that lots of pictures pinned to my notice board at my desk works just as well....

Posted on 3 Aug 2009 17:55:39 BDT
thanks everyone!! im a few chapters into it now!! cant believe how similar her writing is to stephanie meyers!! its great!!
i too was tempted to buy a cardboard cut out but then i think my husband would think iv really lost the plot...he thinks its bad enough that i have one of those little edward cullen dolls!!

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Aug 2009 20:17:01 BDT
Judy O says:
I've just read the chapter where Edward leaves Bella - so sad to hear it from his side. He's so hurt that Bella believes that he doesn't love her so easily and when he says goodbye to Carlise and Esme it nearly broke my heart.
I can't believe I'm so obsessed with Twilight and Edward in particular - good to know I'm not alone!

Posted on 4 Aug 2009 10:45:38 BDT
Danielle says:
I started this yesterday and on the way to work this morning was reading the scene where Bella meets Edward in Italy. Definitely as gripping as SM but I think that is because she has already made us fall in love with the characters. This script definitely reinforces the notion that SM should write the whole series from Edwards point of view. We are getting an understanding of all the characters through the thoughts of Edwards. hmmmm what can we actively do to get her to continue the Midnight Sun saga throughout the rest of the book?????? Answers on a postcard please ;)

Posted on 4 Aug 2009 12:15:21 BDT
Cullen Fan says:
Oh another gorgeous picture of RP on the newmoon web site - and even a magazine article on how to give your other half a RP makeover!

I love the fan fiction stuff as you always get to know more about the Cullens and that is all good imo. I really wish she would just dam well finish Midnight Sun and then start on the rest of the books from Edwards pov!

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Aug 2009 13:14:40 BDT
Judy O says:
Maybe we should all e-mail SM's publishers - I'm sure they would be keen to publish more books if they knew there was such an avid market for them!
Heard a rumour that Breaking Dawn will be made into 3 films - anyone else heard this?

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Aug 2009 16:42:51 BDT
stephanie meyer said she would only continue to write midnight sun once everyone had forgotten about it! she said that she felt she could not be alone with her characters with all the hype surrounding it and when she felt all the excitment over it had stopped then she would finish it!! however i think with the release of the 2nd 3rd and 4th films it will only add to the popularity of the saga so i fear it could be a very long time before she even looks at it again!!

Posted on 5 Aug 2009 08:47:22 BDT
Danielle says:
oh dear! In that case a whole saga from Edward pov is a long looooooooooooong way off!

I've not heard that rumour about three films for breaking dawn. It would make sense in some ways as that will help split the book.

Posted on 5 Aug 2009 09:14:37 BDT
its on the sit www.nemonnmovie.org but its not definite yet!! i think 2 films would b better!!3 films would b too long-i ccouldnt wait that long lol

Posted on 5 Aug 2009 12:13:27 BDT
Cullen Fan says:
Surely the aren't going to make Breaking Dawn into 3 films - this would just be a no, no from my point of view.

I have been thinking a lot about the twilight books last night and how I felt back in May when I first started to read them. In some ways I was so happy and in other ways I was so sad. I started to analyse my life in particular with my dh - we met when we were 17 and the intensity of Twilight brought all the feelings back and the New Moon brought to the forefront all the feelings when you break up and then Eclipse when you get back together and then Breaking Dawn when you have made it through and you know its for keeps. The books are just so wonderful in that way - I just wanted to share this with you ..... and wonder if these books had any affect on you??

I'm still nervous about seeing New Moon especially the part when he leaves her - honestly I still can't read that part and just thinking about watching it makes me sad, I tried to start it yesterday and because of that I couldn't sleep last night and was up at 5am this morning.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Aug 2009 14:10:13 BDT
Judy O says:
If they are going to make 3 films of Breaking Dawn (or even 2) they need to make them quickly as, gorgeous as Rob is, he's not going to get away with being 17 forever!
Hopefully that means they would release them fairly close together.
I'm still working my way through Dark Side of the Moon on FanFiction and really enjoying it. I've read some of her other stuff, too, mainly from Eclipse and have enjoyed that.
Still can't believe I'm so obsessed!

Posted on 5 Aug 2009 16:40:13 BDT
Danielle says:
I haven't actually read New Moon fully again yet. I have read lots of snippets in between, but mainly the ones where Edward is present. I just can't bring myself to read it again knowing he goes away. How sad is that!!! I am trying as I think I will appreciate the Bella/Jacob story much more knowing that he does come back and at what point.

If i'm honest too, I have no real interest to hear any other point of view other than that of Edward and Bella. I struggled with New Moon and Bella being alone and I struggled (though not nearly as much) when I read the Dark Side of the Moon and Edward was on his own. I am much happier with the story when they are in each others lives.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Aug 2009 17:27:22 BDT
Fairycake says:
Cullen Fan I know what you mean, I met my hubby at 15 and we have been (so 21 years which is a whole lifetime), so I know where you are coming from. My problem is that I have realised that I have changed and grown as a person - which is actually akin to what happened to Bella's mum and dad in a way - which has made me question my life.

Amazed me that books for "teenagers" have had that kind of impact - mind you as we all know, they aren't really for teenagers are they?!

Posted on 5 Aug 2009 17:30:40 BDT
Fairycake says:
Meant to get your thoughts on this....

At the weekend my other obsessed friend and I were watching the film and discussing it in relation to the book. We went over all the old ground when she said that she thought the characters were pretty well cast and then I realised one of the reasons I don't LOVE the film (apart from the obvious missing scenes....) is that I really think that Bella was mis-cast because although I don't particularly love Bella in general I have respect for her strength and what she overcomes. I also think Charlie and Jacob are too.....

Am I opening a can of worms?!

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Aug 2009 17:34:07 BDT
oh read it again!!i loved it the second time round! it definately makes u appreciate edward and jacobs relationship more...but only because u know it all turns out good in the end lol!! new moon is actually my fav book now- i just love the tension in it and how close edward and bella r when they get back 2gether! its just lovely!!
cullen fan i think twilight appeals to us non teens so much cuz it takes us back a few yrs and makes us remember what those first few mnths or yrs of a new relationship is like!! iv been married 8 yrs now- and with myself and hubby havin full time jobs and havin a 5yr old son, life just gets in the way and u no longer have time for those instense feelings where u wana spend every minute with that 1 person!! twilights great cuz it makes u remember all those feelings again

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Aug 2009 21:29:18 BDT
hi my names nicola. im 36. i loved these books. i watched the film first and my friend told me to get the books. i did. what a fantastic spend of money. i couldnt put them down. apparantly a book is being written from edwards side. i cant wait. also cant wait fro the second film. hurryup november 20th

Posted on 5 Aug 2009 22:02:05 BDT
Cullen Fan says:
Hello Edward Fan, Nadine, Danielle & Fairycake and welcome to our newest twilighter Nicola.

Edward Fan can you please give me some recommended Eclipse Fan Fiction to read.

Fairycake: Nice to hear of someone in a similar position - I questioned my whole marriage and life after the books and I'll be honest at one stage I was a bit scared of what I was going to do next but I have settled back down again now (thank goodness). As for the cast of Twilight - I personally didn't like Kristen as Bella - she just didn't give the intensity with Edward as described in the book. I also thought the actress who plays Rosalie is just totally wrong. I love Edward, Charlie, Carlisle, Alice, Jasper & Emmet though.

Nadine: will try and give New Moon another go .....

Nicola: I'm presuming the book you are referring to "written from Edward's side" is Midnight Sun? You do realise you can read part of it on SM website??? She isn't going to publish or finish the book just yet.

Posted on 5 Aug 2009 22:49:24 BDT
Cullen Fan says:
Hello All: I'm loving this you tube clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dChESLm_EDQ - has all the 3 trailers together - can't believe how fast my heart beats as Edward goes to step out in the sunlight .... just grabs my heart every time.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  163
Total posts:  3581
Initial post:  5 Jul 2009
Latest post:  24 Jan 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 18 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Twilight (Twilight Saga)
Twilight (Twilight Saga) by Stephenie Meyer (Audio CD - 16 Dec. 2008)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (1,804)