on 1 July 2012
this is the first book I have read of Catherines, and I was pleasantly surprised at the depth of the characterisation of the protagonists. Neither of them was perfect , and is common with this genre the woman Aurora was quite strong and opiionated, but then , if she was weak ,there would have been no story. All in all I found this a very satisfactory read and have already downloaded 2 more of her books.
on 17 October 2012
My first Catherine Gayle book, and I loved it. The characters are very well drawn, and the interaction between Aurora and Quin is all you would expect of a good author. The twists and turns until we finally arrive at a very satisfactory ending keep you wanting to go on to the next page and the next (even if it is well past bed time!) Definitely worth reading.
on 18 June 2015
Sometimes I think people are either too easily pleased, don't read enough or have enough diversity in their reading material to base their reviews on. This book was okay, nothing more and certainly did not warrant the five star reviews. The hero Quin was absolutely horrible, selfish, inconsiderate, nasty and downright cruel. Mind you, can't really blame him, the heroine was one of those too stupid to live women, it took her about 10 chapters before she realised who the person leaking the letters was. Plus I didn't get the love between these two, just didn't work somehow. When are some authors (female) going to stop letting the man always get the better of the woman in any argument and stop forgetting his awful mistreatment of her just to have sex. I loved Quin's friend Jonas though, he was the only bright light in this otherwise dim tunnel.
on 6 October 2014
Good historical romance. Makes a change for the male lead to be a rake to start with and then be transformed by his wife into a reputable gentleman. Aurora is of course a strong character, but as other reviewers have said, neither lead characters are perfect.

Don't be misled by the picture - Quin has long hair, not the modern style shown!
on 6 February 2014
I'll be honest I really struggled to get in to this book at first but as soon as he found her journal, that was it for me.. there was just now way that book was going to be put down. I loved all of the characters within the book and I'd most certainly read more by this author. Very enjoyable storyline
on 11 February 2014
Fantastic read so good l just could not put in down a must read for all who love romance as this book covers all the love and romance with laugh out load moments you need and at the same time you to get to know all the characters in the book a very well writing book and l can't wait to read more by this author thanks Catherine Gayle
on 16 January 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this novel and can honestly say that is was one that I hated to put down. I particularly like the Heroine and her strong will. A really interesting and at times funny , sometimes sad story. I will certainly look out for more books by Catherine Gale.
on 22 February 2014
I did not enjoy this book, the main characters were selfish and self involved. The story was weak and not very well written. I'm glad I didn't Pay anything for this book.

Avoid reading this drivel.
on 21 July 2013
Very well-written, she seems to have captured a flavour of Jane Austen very well. The hero is dark and dangerous, with an out-of-control streak to just add to the spice. The heroine stands up to him very nicely and brings him to heel. A nice, enjoyable read.
on 28 May 2013
I loved Aurora what a wicked mind she had really so unlike what young women of that era should be like a very entertaining story with loads of different characters although at times things seemed a bit muddled and forgotten but they an explanation unexpectedly turned up