- Hardcover: 144 pages
- Publisher: Voyageur Press Inc (1 Jun. 2003)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0896585557
- ISBN-13: 978-0896585553
- Product Dimensions: 28.5 x 22.4 x 1.9 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 2,375,268 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Sea Turtles of the World (Worldlife Discovery Guides) Hardcover – 1 Jun 2003
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
This book provides an in-depth look at these prehistoric-looking reptiles that have survived for more than 210 million years and have endured two waves of mass extinction. Unfortunately sea turtles face a daily threat of extinction. Doug Perrine guides readers through the fascinating lifecycle of the sea turtle, beginning with its harrowing dash from the nest to the ocean as a vulnerable hatchling through the many years spent at sea during maturation, from sexual maturity and reproduction to migration. Perrine describes the evolution of the sea turtle, its anatomy, what conditions led to its endangerment, and the attempts to save it. Detailed descriptions of the green sea turtle, loggerhead turtle, hawksbill turtle, olive ridley turtle, kemp's ridley turtle, Australian flatback turtle, and the leatherback turtle are included. For those who want to learn where to watch sea turtles from the land or from the water, Perrine offers this information as well. Incredible photography depicts sea turtles in the underwater environments.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Habitats
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Marine Life
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Reptiles & Amphibians
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Vertebrates > Amphibians
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Vertebrates > Reptiles
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Hydrobiology
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Wild Animals > Aquatic Creatures
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Wild Animals > Reptiles & Amphibians
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology > Animal Sciences