on 6 September 2001
This little book is a must, it is the best phrase book I have ever picked up. It breaks down a complex language into one that anyone can learn.
It also has a lot of helpful hints, such as different customs.
It is all so a very handy size which should just fit into any pocket or bag.
on 21 August 2010
This little book is incredibly useful for any trip to Turkey, providing you with easy means of making yourself understood and lots of fun interacting with the Turkish people you meet on your travels.
It covers most situations with the correct phrases and even some sensible advice.
We have to buy yet another new one as I've given previous purchases to young Turkish waiters who are desperately poor and trying so hard to improve their English. You know it's worthwhile when the recipient places hand to heart and says, "I am very thank you." Next time you visit, he'll get it right, thanks to this book!
on 17 September 2013
As a used item it is in very good condition , a very in depth phrasebook and very much like a Collins Dictionary if I dare say ! Am busy 'swotting' for a future trip to Turkey and finding it as easy as A B C ! I have nothing to complain about as the main 'how do you do's' are highlighted in the book by the previous owner , I know this wont be the case with other books but I feel as though I have fallen on to a winner here ! Good luck with your purchases !
on 10 December 2014
ok book, not great though.