Platform: PC|Change

I've used almost every version of TuneUp Utilities software since the 2006 version. Sometimes the annual upgrade is a big improvement on the previous versions and sometimes just a few cosmetic tweaks - the 2014 version is one of the minor tweaks versions. I was running the 2013 version and TuneUp offered me a cheapish download at Christmas to upgrade to the 2014 release which I accepted. The interface has been redesigned - but I was quite happy with the previous one - an airplane mode has been added, which I'll probably never use, and there are some improvements for Windows 8 - I use Windows 7.

If you are already running an earlier version of TuneUp I would suggest sticking to it unless it is more than a few years old. Some users may benefit from the Windows 8 features and perhaps they may comment or leave a review if they find them useful. For me, however, this "upgrade" has been very minor and probably not even worth the reduced price I was offered. TuneUp Utilities offers a good set of tools which I would recommend strongly to new users - but for existing users this release doesn't offer many improvements over the previous couple of versions. I would give five stars for new users but only two stars for existing ones - so three stars as a compromise.
on 9 September 2014
a pound cheaper on here than buying direct from software house. Wish I'd taken a look! but very well worth it anyway. It seems that every new pc or laptop or windows tab you buy these days is full of open ports allowing insidious advertisers to creep into your device when you access the internet....this will put a stop to that right away by closing those ports and making your windows system anonymous on the net, even to organisations like microsoft (every time you use their media centre, it tells them what you're doing....put a stop to that right away!) It also keeps the registry clean of silly file fragments that all other software -- including microsoft software -- leaves behind, and this is essential for a swift system and quick boot-up. now you won't have your windows system falling apart in a year to eighteen months, which it will do otherwise. all you need worry about is your hard drive slowing down and your capacitors becoming progressively less efficient, and there's no software around that will remedy that.....!
on 21 January 2015
I was getting quite disillusioned with PC cleaning/tuning software because every one I tried seemed to muck up my computer in some way. I was forever reloading Windows while other members of the family didn't use any such software and their computers apparently worked just fine. Then I came across Tune-up Utilities. I have tried several "year" versions of this, including 2014, and it has never (yet?) mucked my computer up. So I am really happy with it. The only annoyance seems to be the message that frequently pops up by the system tray asking if I want to take some further actions even though I have done all I want. There seems to be no way of turning these messages off. So far this report does not sound like 5 stars, does it? But it's what it does do - efficiently and without harm (so far) - that warrants my opinion of 5 stars. There is a one-click maintenance option, you can disable startup programs, it cleans out the dross, checks for system issues (usually Registry keys that are empty or refer to non-existent programs) and gives recommendations for optimising your computer.

The 2015 version includes things I don't want - Android/iPhone/MAC cleaning - and, worse, it has become subscription only. Why should I pay £30 every year when I can pay less than £10 once only? I'm sticking to 2014 for as long as I can.
on 24 March 2014
Great product, easy to use and powerful when you drill down into the custom settings. It will speed up the startup sequence of your PC and will keep it clean and tidy, removing duplicate files and registry errors. Try it, you will like it...
on 13 December 2014
Good Product - but basically a repackaged version of a product that has been around for some time, so you do NOT need to upgrade every year.

Suggest you buy the 2014 Version now at this price, as the 2015 Version will be on an annual subcription basis at 3x the cost and involving giving AVG your credit card details.
VINE VOICEon 23 January 2015
My laptop has seemed very sluggish during the last few months so I thought I would give this software a try, based on the positive reviews of others users. I'm pleased I did, because it has really made a big difference. The program is very easy to install and use. It performs various scans (all of which ran pretty quickly) and then makes a host of recommendations. It guides you through everything so you can choose what to do. I was really surprised to find how many useless programs (now disabled) were running in the background on my PC, and a lot of other tweaks were also recommended. Everything seems faster now, and the hard disc spends much less time spinning (or at least that's how it seems to me). I did consider getting the 2015 version but the 2014 edition was much cheaper and had more positive reviews.
on 1 July 2014
To be honest I've always had internet security and tune up utilities ever since you could get them, and tried the majority, more recently purchased another nameless product that did not pass muster, and always come back to AVG product, they are reliable, does what it says on the tin and are minimal system resource hungry. I recommend AVG products, don't bother with the rest this is the best
on 11 March 2014
great item fix a lot of my pc problems and its a great price i will buy it again in the future
on 24 April 2014
Has speeded up startup times and I have cleared a lot of redundant files from my machines with no ill effects,
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 30 June 2014
My recent purchase of this product has proved most useful
in that it has all the Tune Up Utilities required to speed
up an otherwise sluggish PC.
I found it relatively easy to install, but my first attempt
was stymied by a short power cut during a thunderstorm
but it installed perfectly once power was restored.
You simply type in the License number that comes with the
product and click the various boxes and Hey Presto, it's
done.

It can be set to run automatically and speeds up and fixes
your PC every three days. For those using laptops with a
need to conserve battery power the product has a facility
for reducing applications that use too much power.
It has a Repair Wizard, disk doctor, defragments and cleans
the registry, and securely shreds business or personal files.
The Interface and dashboard are easy to understand so I would
recommend it.