on 6 October 2010
I haven't read a book like In Tune with the Moon before and I have to say it has been a real educational read. The book is packed with tips, flow charts, and a really useful calendar to record your planting and harvesting activity. The illustrations are really colourful and vibrant, and the book is laid out comprehensively.

We seem to be having a revival of homeowners planting kitchen gardens and this book would be really useful for anyone wanting to get the best out of their home grown produce. The book explains the optimum time to sow and plant and also gives advice on the most beneficial harvesting days in order to get the best from your crops. The book has some good advice on plant diseases and the use of natural products for fertilizers as well as information on companion planting and crop rotation which are really important factors when growing your own produce.

In Tune with the Moon encourages us to work with the biodynamic principles of growing crops and explains the moon's cycle and the incredible influence it has on not only edible crops but also plants and flowers.

I dabbled with a few crops myself this year and had reasonably good success with them all. My local squirrel community also loved my efforts! It will be interesting to see if I have healthier and fuller crops next year by following the suggestions in the book as I plan on extending the range of what I grow.

I have a few friends who are now growing their own produce at home and this book will be a really useful stocking filler come December.
on 6 January 2011
I have to review this as part of a series, as obviously I haven't yet grown anything in 2011. We used the 2010 version, not exhaustively but to the point of always planting and cultivating plants on the appropriate dates, as well as making fertiliers.
Here's the problem we had: in most cases, EVERY SEED GERMINATED and we had to thin.
We live in a terrace with similar gardens all the way along. Most of our neighbours grow more or less the same veg.
Our vegetables were visibly, almost embarrassingly, larger, lusher, longer-lasting, and more prolific than all the neighbours. It was like another world, our patch. Even after the snow, we still have chard and parsley.
They were also of course delicious.
These books are not only precious in the information they provide, they are well and practically laid out.

We're going further this year!
on 5 February 2011
I find this to be a very informative and useful guide to the basics of moon phases. This front of the booklet gives short explanations and there is a useful calendar at the back to help planning. A pull out explanatory card also doubles as a bookmark. For someone who wants a concise introduction it can't be faulted, but it is concise and thus doesn't have reams of detail. It covers all aspects of the moon phases, constellations, etc; gives guidance on a variety of things including gardening and cutting your nails. I find it helpful.
on 15 January 2011
This is the 3rd year I have purchased In Tune With The Moon as it is my planting bible! Whatever I want to sow/plant out I always check first for the best date in the quick reference section which is set out in calendar format. Couldn't be easier. The Companion Planting guide in the back is invaluable for organic/biodynamic fans and the rest of the book contains interesting moon related info. I will continue to use this book as long as I have an allotment :)
on 6 January 2011
This book is great if you want to get into biodynamic growing. I have seen much healthier plants since i've been using it. Lots of great information and the most detail i've seen in any gardening by the moon book. a must have for organic gardening.
on 19 March 2011
Am only beginning to revive an old interest in this subject, and this book has set me off in the right direction once more. Haven't ever used the moon for gardening before but we've pruned our roses and fruit trees at the correct time and now ready to enjoy the rewards later. It's a complicated subject but with this book I feel, I can start gradually and employ more of the suggestions as I learn. I would recommend this book.
on 9 February 2011
I have followed other gardening by the moon books for a few years and thought I would try a new book....it has a lot of information and takes a bit of getting used to, but on the whole is very good. it covers a lot more than just gardening, making it even more useful, its lay out is easy to use. There are some areas which still remain unclear to me, and maybe its something I need to do more research into myself as a small book cant cover everything in detail and still remain portable, but on the whole I would recommend this book to anyone who is interested in following this way of gardening.
As for results, well, its too early to tell this year, as I only planted my first seeds of the year yesterday...but as for gardening with the moon in general, well, last year was a bad year locally for many gardeners, yet I managed to produce good crops fruit and veg all through the year including massive delicious parsnips (almost 1kg each!!!)!
on 22 September 2010
While its only september I'm reading in preparation. Looks mostly straight forward and easy to follow.
on 24 March 2011
Ive use the advice and tips last year and I think it has given me a good crop of veg Hope the same will be just as good this year.
on 19 April 2013
Being a 70 year old who has been brought up as a lover of our countryside and growing our own vegetables, as near natural as possible. My parents were very aware of the influence of the moon on their gardening and livestock breeding. The book arrived very quickly well packaged and even better priced! Many thanks to this seller.