It's difficult to put into words how bad this book is, especially as others have already done better than I could hope to do. I have read loads of excellent self help books and this is the only one I think I have ever thought negatively about. It is pure rubbish. What seems like an endless list of chapters with only one or two pages on practically every aspect of life, short of how to boil an egg or use the toilet, though at least the pages of this book would have some practical use in performing the latter of those two actions.
I try and make it a habit in life to never give advice, so please take this as a strong recommendation - AVOID THIS BOOK! Throw your money in the waste bin instead, it'll take less of your time.
on 14 June 2008
I was very disapponted with this book. After reading the first few chapters I resigned to scanning it for useful or interesting points. Each chapter is merely 1-3 pages long and made up of pointless or common sense snippets. Like a previous review the only new information I took from the book was 'you don't need tailor made suits' which isn't a real big insight. Some of the chapters had me laughing & others shaking my head in disbelief.

Another let down from this book is the week-in-the-life-of. I have heard good things about these parts of Mr. Trumps books, but was deeply bored as any interesting point was glazed over such as 'the contactor called quoting the cost at $100,000 over budget, but I managed to negotiate him to $100,000 below budget' - how? Instead he conintues to go on name dropping and telling us where he was getting lunch from that day.

I would recommend you save you money or if you feel the need buy 'Trump: The Art of the Deal'. As an American review put it 'Don't let this book take up valuable real estate on your bookshelf!' - I couldn't agree more.
on 16 July 2005
If like me you are looking for some sort of inspiration on business, real estate or the like, don't bother looking in here. This book is lacking in any real content. It was more of a product endorsement for anything from his favourite cars to his favourite ice cream. To show how useful this book was to me, I think the most worthwhile advice I got out of it is that unless you have a peculiarly shaped body, you don't need tailor made suits... Duh!
Everything else is common sense and doesn't take a genius to figure out. Sorry Mr Trump, I'm a big fan of yours but this is a let down. My copy would be going on Ebay with no reserve.
on 4 February 2016
Not a great book - got it because I like him on the TV (no nonsense) and expected lots of useful hints and tips which were sadly getting. I'd suggest Peter Jones, Schwarzenegger or Steve Jobs as a better imvestment of time and money
on 3 May 2014
I sometimes need to be inspired or lifted and his attitude and experience does just that. We tend to put ourselves down - so when we are at that moment, just pick up a book by Donald Trump.
on 21 February 2013
Very good read, easy to understand the concept. I can with hesitance say inspirational book to read when needed. True read.....
on 26 August 2010
not a hugely interesting book. and i havent yet reached the end. and probabbly won't.
on 1 February 2011
ANOTHER FABULOUS BOOK, WHEN I LEFT THIS BOOK FOR WHATEVER REASON, I ACTUALLY FOUND MYSELF 'RUNNING' BACK TO IT, I HAVE NEVER DONE THIS MY ENTIRE LIFE - I WAS JUST HUNGRY FOR HIS KNOWLEDGE. FABULOUS.