Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

VINE VOICEon 29 January 2011
I have to say that I'm always intrigued by small objects which are of genuine utility; so when I spotted this discreet little toolset at a discounted price, I was genuinely very keen to get my hands on it.

I've only just started using it and it's not a bad little bit of kit. The metalwork is of a better quality than I'd expected, with the tools being of actual use. It's certainly well thought out and well made.

My only (albeit minor) gripe is that it looks as though it will fit snug around a normal `Yale' type of key (and not flap around on a key ring). What I've found, even after trying all the keys for the house, is that the tool is just that little bit too wide to be held firmly in place.

I've yet to see if it'll snag on the inside of a pocket (which a bit of a concern, given some of the edges), but otherwise a nice piece of kit.

Oh, forgot to mention that the tool comes in one of those sealed plastic packages. The sort that's impossible to open with a pair of large scissors. Personally, the packaging's a bit of overkill, but that doesn't reflect on the item.
on 26 September 2011
First thing's first. It is NOT flimsy. I assume the people that have left these comments bought from a 3rd party and not Amazon and were unfortunately given fakes, if that happens to you contact Amazon. I would be comfortable running mine over with a car, or even just parking a car on it. It is a few millimeters thick, doesn't sound like much but keep in mind it's probably only 10 millimeters wide. True Utility = True quality.

Since I started on quality, my "cut" bit is still sharp as ever. I usually use it to cut cable ties and those plastic straps on boxes, as well as rarely using it to cut threads.

The bottle opener, is ultra-handy, and is very usable once you have used it a few times. It does dig into the hand a bit when using, but that's because you are using the keys as a lever. Doesn't really hurt, just pointing it out so you know.

The screw driver bit.... wow I've used that bit for sooo much. It's like a universal bit lol. I won't make a list but here's some weird ways I've used it; Pressing settings buttons on my watch, opening a paint tin, and cutting.

Someone was concerned about the tool "snagging" on clothes/pocket linings. It does NOT in anyway snag. It does NOT even scratch your phone. I have put it in the same pocket on occasion, but rarely lol I'm no idiot.

Tweezers.. you can't use it, I don't see why they put it there, I have no need for it but you might, so just saying.

Downsides = None. I literally have no cons about this, with a year of use and love.

Now I put this as Ideas, not downsides, because obviously the description and picture shows this isn't part of the product. I want it have a flip out small knife, would complete it as a "Swiss Army Key Tool"
on 24 October 2010
Just a neat item to have on your keyring. Doesn't add any bulk and comes in handy for many occasions.
on 1 October 2011
Its a very good little item to buy, and at a very good price, the only problem is that you have to take the thing off the key to use the tweezers but then depending on where you are using them and what for, would you want a key dangling off the end??
on 24 January 2011
I got this as I found I was always looking for a tool to do a small job. It is very handy and takes up no space at all on the key ring as it fits round the key easily. The only drawback to it is the tweezers can only be used if you take it off the key ring but the other tools are so handy that it is only a minor drawback. Apart from this I would have given it 5 stars as I have already used it many times.
on 18 February 2011
I bought this mainly for the screwdrivers as there's been many a time i've been need of a quick fix. It sounded a bit too good to be true having a small piece of metal strong enough to be able to withstand unscrewing tightly bound screws and i was right to think it.. Unfortunately after 4-5 uses the metal just bent. It wasn't easy to hold in hard-to-get areas (in my case, behind a mixing desk/outboard gear).
All in all, a very good idea but needs to be much stronger and accessible to be able to compete against the trusty Leatherman.
on 24 April 2014
Great little tool to have on your key ring. So far have used it to replace the hard drive in my laptop, clean my fingernails, open beers and parcels. Be careful if you keep your keys in your pocket though as it could quite easily make a hole for your keys and loose change to fall through.
on 1 February 2014
This sounds and looks great on Amazon.

In reality it is tinny, cheap and, thought I have had it on my keyring for two years now, have never used it.

And is cuts though the material of my pockets...

:-(
on 16 July 2013
My Keytool goes everywhere with me and it has been handy a number of times already. It is small enough to be permitted on board an airplane in the carry on bit. The reason for 4 not 5 stars is that when using the tool as a bottle opener, I need to wrap it in my handkerchief to stop the screwdriver head piercing my hand at the same time.
on 28 May 2013
This little multi tool is compact, neat and has a few useful tools. As mentioned before it JUST fits over a yale type key. The bottle opener and screw heads are the most useful of the tools, the file is of finger nail grade and the tweezers are inoperable.

The box it came in is also a splash proof beach case.