Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 26 July 1999
I've just recently discovered Stella Cameron and I intend to read some of her historical romances as well. I found this book entertaining with it's main characters having once lost their love, and then regaining it again after so many years. Some of the characters living around Bliss sounded really weird but those kinds of people really do exist. I did enjoy the mystery that was weaved into the story, it added greatly to the story. One of the characters, Polly Crow has her story continued in "Guilty Pleasures" which in turn also came from "Sheer Pleasures". I liked those two better, but I did enjoy this one . If you enjoy Stella Cameron, I recommend you read this one too.
on 29 September 1998
This was my first Stella Cameron book and it just might be my last. I wish I could rate this book woth NO stars! It was awful. I did not even finish reading it.
The book starts out very slowly, but I was interested in the past that these two characters shared. After their history was described, however, the storyline degenerated into nothing. I could not figure out what the motivation was for any of these character's actions. Their personalities were never truly defined, and whatever spark of interest I had died with the convolted machinations of these characters.
I never did figure out what was going on in the book. All I knew was some rich guy came back to his hometown, one of the reasons being he wanted to rekindle an old high school romance. But beyond that, I couldn't tell you. This book went on for pages and pages and pages about NOTHING before I finally gave up threw it across the room and into the garbage.... Don't waste your time on this one.
on 22 December 1998
I bought this book at the local book store without reading any reviews, a mistake on my part. I've read other books by Ms Cameron and been pleased, not so with this one. I actually checked the copy right date thinking this must be a reprint of an earlier work {NOT!} as the plot and character development were so lacking. I have learned my lesson and won't buy another of her books without first reading reviews...burn me once shame on you, burn me twice shame on me.
on 15 June 1998
I started off liking this book but midway through I got kinda annoyed with the plot twists. I enjoyed how Bliss and Sebastian reacted to each other. And their love scenes are steamy and innovative. However, the general plot is just too all over the place. It tries to cram too many pieces into the puzzle and quite obviously some don't fit. This detracts attention away from the main couple Bliss and Sebastien.
on 6 January 1997
I loved this book! The author did a great job of letting the reader understand the two characters' heartache, loss and love. I laughed and cried and then laughed some more. I definitely recommend True Bliss !
on 17 May 1999
You'll kick yourself if you burn good money on this book. It was a complete waste of time. If you buy it anyway, you'll be sorry.