on 5 March 2014
When you take this out of the packaging you will be surprised at how sturdy and strong the mounting plate is. I must say it feels very expensive and well-built. It can take a beating.

HOWEVER, i encountered a very big problem, because the actual mounting plate is thick, you can't use normal length 1/4" screws, as they're too short. I tried using a longer screw and added some washers but the quick release plate i mounted on top is not attached properly, (it moves about unless you jam pieces of paper between the camera and baseplate which still doesn't work nicely.)

Maybe it's just me or somebody can link me to some 1/4" screws that work with this plate. Very good build quality, but doesn;t function properly, I would not recommend this product until I find a way around this problem.

It would've been nice if the mounting plate would've come with a long camera screw that would eradicate the problems I ecountered.
22 comments1 of 1 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 April 2013
Ok, so this is a pretty niche device but if you need something like it you're not going to go far wrong with this product. I looked at various devices that would achieve my desired aim and the prices from the usual manufacturers varied between about £100 and £300. Admittedly, most offer some other functionality but for me that was unnecessary. This thing is built like a tank so I can't imagine it falling apart any time soon, the slight down side of that is that it is reasonably heavy for what it is. The quality appears to be extremely good and the only give away that it's a low cost product is the slightly cheap looking chromed screw heads in the locking levers, which I'll probably replace with hex bolts anyway. I ordered a couple of other devices from Videorig at the same time and I have to say that they are all absolutely brilliant. Film industry gadgets are notoriously expensive but these things are so inexpensive it's unbelievable. I very nearly paid £200 for a brand name gadget that I actually paid about £20 for from Videorig! Don't expect next day delivery but do expect to be mightily impressed with the product and with your healthy bank balance.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 20 November 2015
Great plate, solid metal, had to prise open the holes a little bit with a screwdriver as 15mm rails were stiff to get through, but otherwise it's been perfect. 1/4" screw holes through the main plate and on the underside of the rail blocks, so you can attach a quick release tripod plate to this too.
review image
on 25 March 2014
I purchased this to augment an existing MOVCAM rig set-up. I have to say I'm seriously impressed. Given the cheap price, I expected the quality of these components to be noticeably poorer than the far more expensive component manufacturers like RedRock Movcam and Zacuto - but they really are not. The components are beautifully machined, well finished and work with a very satisfying quality feel. I am REALLY impressed. I have no hesitation in recommending this product (and its supplier) for professional use. I will be using VideoRig components for Broadcast projects on both my C300 and Blackmagic rigs.

Postage was blindingly fast. Can't fault these guys.
on 7 March 2014
Bought this as a cheap and small mount for Lanparte FF - there are plenty of mounting options and found that the Manfrotto 501 plate fits nicely onto the bottom.
88 comments1 of 1 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 January 2016
I was going to return this as it requires some modification to attach camera or QR plate onto. Doesn't lock tight at all so you need to think about adding a cushioned rubber or cork layer. However I discovered some versatility with this. It's a top plate with two 15mm rod slides, so your imagination can muster up all kinds of other uses. For example I attached some weights to it and used it to balance a handheld rig. Very nicely made and looks great so I'm keeping it after all
on 17 September 2013
Well made, nicely finished(Although its a paint finish rather than anodized, so it can scratch if you mistreat it). Recommended as it's good value for money
on 30 July 2013
Solidly and precisely constructed. For the price the build quality is impressive. Recommend buying an additional plate for the bottom.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 March 2014
Good locking levers, attaches firmly to the locks. There is a little bit too much metal in the construction, thus a little bit heavy.
on 15 April 2014
Super high quality, feels like a tank! It looks really nice too! When you put together everything, it stays solid as a rock!