on 19 July 2012
Finally got this delivered today, took a full 10 working days to arrive so don't expect it to be with you too quickly. I got this radio for my kitchen which uses a lot of greens and pictures of plants and forests, and it fits in very well. It is smaller than I anticipated, but this is perfectly fine. The finish of the leatherette cover is actually very nice, although the silver finish on the buttons and facia feel somewhat cheaper.

The sound quality isn't going to worry Bose or Bowers and Wilkins, but then it is a dirt cheap device. It is perfectly adequate, in fact better than I thought it would be especially being so small. The auxiliary socket and the wire provided are excellent meaning I can link my phone up to it, and the USB and Sd card slots are also a great addition. My phone had a hissy fit when connected via USB, but my memory stick worked no problems.

Radio stations were picked up very easily, the massive antenna maybe having something to do with that! Saying that though, I didn't need to have it extended all the way as it worked fine being slightly shorter. Please note that it is battery operated, I have to admit I missed that on the product specifications (it is there!) although you do have the option of using a 5v DC charging adaptor. There is no adaptor provided however (or batteries) so I will now be buying a cheap adaptor for it just because it needs to be on all the time when I'm out for the dog.

Despite the delivery taking a while, the seller responded quickly when contacted to state that it had been dispatched and to let them know if it doesn't come within the ten working days allowance. So to summarise, a good product that fits in my kitchen nicely, good enough sound quality and some thoughtful features. The price is about right for this product too.
on 26 October 2013
Well, I researched recording radios. Wrong search, Roberts, Degen, both c £100, with hangups! So catch up, me; look at the PC, with BBC iPlayer etc., free recording software with scheduler, graphics file handing, and record to SDCH micro card. So that's the recording side sorted. So, the Trevi's SD card slot makes sense.
I wanted a portable radio around the house and garden, to hear FM BBC, Classic etc. and I wanted to replay In Our Time, Today, music, etc., when in the bath or garden.
The radio is loud clear, does not hiss between stations, and can be tuned [with careful precision] fairly easily with the rotary, and does not drift off. The card replay could not be simpler: plug in, switch on to "MP3", turn up the volume.
The socket for the plug-in 6 volt external power-supply had an intermittent contact, but not too serious, can be fixed.
There's more - a USB input and external 3mm [link cable supplied]. No batteries nor PSU.

Italian design, - "that's cool" says daughter- simple rotary controls + indicator for [a] power and [b] card replay [and forward/reverse file selector by button].
Cons: It's not going take abuse, it's made to a low budget, but if a rotary control is broken it can be replaced. The silver finish on the selector button was already scratched, seems it had been demonstrated/used. PSU input socket intermittent.
Pros: It's not plasticcy, has a retro style, works very well. I love it.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 March 2014
Easy to use -we plugged in the SD card and switched on, it powers up and starts playing the recorded music. It plays the SD card from the beginning. When you switch off and back on again, it starts again from where it left off.
Radio works OK, but the reason for buying this is to be able to play recorded music loud enough to fill a small room.
Rather heavy on batteries -would have been better if it had taken larger batteries or come with a mains cable.
Sound is adequate for us but not great -I would say it is not as loud or high a quality as a typical kitchen radio.
on 20 February 2014
Just taken delivery of this player, so initial findings only.

Radio ok but a little sensitive on FM I find. Bought for playing my music, proving fine with both a flash drive and SD cards
or Micro-SD with an adapter. Good maximum volume, certainly loud enough for a big room.

Very brief instructions but not much needed. Found that it works well with rechargeable AA batteries, as well as single use ones.
Note no earphone connection for listening in private, shame that. Overall, well pleased so far with my buy!
on 10 March 2014
Several weeks playtime and still working well. Not so good when interference happen, which in my kitchen means halogen lights!

But overall sound is good enough.

Would be nice though if music from memory card/ usb stick could be shuffled.
on 14 January 2013
looks great, USB and SD slots, portable, great for a small bedroom. i will recomand it fot other customers. cool.
on 8 December 2015
Sound goes either too quiet or too loud.excellent customer service.i would def use them again.
on 1 January 2013
My Trevi MRA78USB portable radio/ MP3 player arrived within two days of ordering. I love it, it is simple to operate. It sounds great, it can be heard from another room quite clearly. Radio reception very good. I have no problem operating MP3 player, it too sounds good. I love the design. The price is excellent, good value for money. Serves my purpose very well.
on 7 December 2014
Works fine not issues cheap enough

See one answered question