on 25 August 2011
This is such a great and easy book to read. It deals with all sorts of trauma from a fall and a scrapped knee to trauma caused by surgery or sexual abuse. For most parents it will not all be relevant, however the ways he teaches you as a parent to even help a child recover from a fall, I think, are invaluable. I would recommend this to all parents.
on 25 November 2011
I find this book that I dip into when I need it and it is very good to help me understand the effects of trauma on children with great ways to help your children in life.
on 28 February 2012
A very readable practical guide that not only is helpful in understanding how events come across to children but also aids one understand their own past as well. This book does not need to be read cover to cover but one may readily go to topics and chapters that are relevant in immediate situations.
on 4 November 2014
well anything written by Peter Levine is proof that one can overcome it. I am reading trama-proofing your kids at a slow pace as I am in the third year of my studies, the only thing I can add is that I wish I had come across him earlier as my children are growing up, however, I have added him to my list of must haves, cheers Maura
on 2 July 2013
excellent a refreshing looking offering a step by step guide for both children and parents. A helpful guide for children at various stages of development.