- Hardcover: 160 pages
- Publisher: Titan Books Ltd; Limited edition edition (25 Oct. 2002)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1840235276
- ISBN-13: 978-1840235272
- Product Dimensions: 17 x 1.3 x 25.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,349,555 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Transformers: Dark Designs Hardcover – Special Edition, 25 Oct 2002
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Simon Furman has written for both comics and TV animation, including Alpha Flight, Death's Head, Beast Wars, X-Men: Evolution and The Roswell Conspiracies.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Dark Designs collects the first six issues of the ill fated Marvel run and at the helm we have the faithful transformer scribe Simon Furman well known for his Transformer work in the UK and the US, treating the robots in disguise as a serious property rather than a thirty page toy commercial. And even after many story arcs it seems Furman cab still bring something fresh to the table.
Something fresh. Unicron has been laid to rest and the civil war is apparently over. So where do we go from here? How about a galaxy spanning empire that is colonising the universe, recreating their home world over and over. An empire that is Cybertronion in origin. Suddenly the war against the Decepticons looks like a small skirmish in comparison. So it's up to prime, Grimlock and the Autobots to spring into action against their new foe but wait, it seems Prime has other fears...premonitions of a greater threat from their past. Yes it's been done before but again it's building towards a new fresh enemy.
Of course we do get some past characters returning including Megatron himself who gets a chance to shine here compared to in the past when he was overshadowed by the likes of Shockwave, Galvatron and Scorponox (and even Rat Bat).Megatron is rebuilding the Decepticon forces so Prime may have more problems...or will he?
There are some negatives mind. The art for one.Read more ›
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Painting & Drawing > Techniques & Tools
- Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Genre
- Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Publishers > Titan Books
- Books > Humour > Fiction
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Film > Film Genres > Science Fiction
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Film > Guides & Reference