- Paperback: 384 pages
- Publisher: iUniverse (26 May 2000)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 059509175X
- ISBN-13: 978-0595091751
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 2.4 x 22.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 3.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 3,390,543 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Transcendental Physics: Integrating the Search for Truth Paperback – 26 May 2000
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
EDWARD R. CLOSE, Ph.D. received a bachelor's degree from Central Methodist College in physics/mathematics and philosophy. Graduate work was completed at a number of universities, including UCLA and Johns Hopkins University. He has written four books about the significance of relativity and quantum mechanics to the scientific study of consciousness.
Top Customer Reviews
The idea that the universe as such is constructed through a set of distinctions is valid and it also applies as a possible way to construct the very basis of pure mathematics. For example, set theory already presupposes a set of distinct elements, in other words a distinction must first be made. A mathematics dealing with such distinctions would be a valuable asset to mathematics and eventually to physics as well.
However Close does not really show convincingly how this is to be done.Read more ›
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
yours sincerely, Steven E. Romer
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > Occult
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Popular Maths
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Philosophy of Physics
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Physics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Physics
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Philosophy