on 7 August 2013
Generally I was dissapointed :
Hard to press buttons.
I couldn't find shuffle mode.
No EQ at all!

Better pay additionally and consider another product.
on 27 August 2013
This is marketed as a sports mp3 player but falls short on a number of issues.

The description says the controls can be used instinctively. They can't. They are small and awkward to use.

The set up is overly complicated and even using the full handbook I had difficulty selecting music options ie selecting shuffle mode. I never attempted using the radio or fitness application just too complicated.

In shuffle mode there is a delay of about 8 seconds between tracks, hardly good for the gym!

I have queried this with the firm and they say it is normal. It is not normal in any other mp3 player I have had.

It is hard to say any positives as I am very disappointed with the product

The positives would have to be it has a good clip to attach to clothing whilst at the gym or cycling and it does appear to be robust.

It is not a patch on the sandisk clip when they work but unfortunately I have never had one of these that didn't develop a fault within a couple of months.
on 4 January 2015
dunno what to say but I'll point out some issues I got:

1- After playing music for like 1-2 hours with saving mode on the screen the sound will start to shatter until you turn off this feature
2- My screen starts to lose its lights from the left part dunno how to explain it but there's a problem with it
3- it is really hard to navigate
4- no shuffle -.- ...

Thanks ...
on 3 June 2015
Can take some rain and really handy on the go with its solid compact body and clip. Sadly, that's it concerning advantages. There's no shuffle, in any mode. The sports functions are very limited - if not worthless - and there's no tracking over long periods, just a single activity, no averages or progress. I doubt there's any sensors in this device that actually measure anything. It takes forever to boot. Sure, it's a fun animation but after 50 times it's only a nuisance. The worst thing of all: it forgets what mode you're in every single time. My previous players always "remembered", which is a big plus. Just turn on the device and press play to continue listening to the radio. Not for this little Transcend, it always shows up the music player (first item). If you want to check a setting, the music stops (radio or mp3). The software is the most limited I've seen in a long time. That would be great if it benefits its intuitiveness but that is not the case. As a rating I gave it an "Okay" rating because it's not a bad player, it just plays your music and you can listen to the radio. Don't expect anything more.
on 3 July 2014
Love this little thing! I am using it for my audiobooks. I am not using the headphones that came with the MP3 player, but with my Sennheiser headphones, the audio quality is just fine. The handy little lanyard makes it easy to carry around with me, and the battery lasted for almost 1½ days of continual use. The charging cable is a normal mini-USB cable, and I was pleasantly surprised when I found that I can charge it using my mobile phone charger. Transfer of files to the device is simple, but I have not been able to get the playlists to work yet. I had to get the full user manual from the website, which was a bit annoying, but not a big problem. I noticed that the player will not find/read audiofiles if there is an image in the audio folder, which was a small problem at first, but fairly easily resolved once I realised the problem. It was delivered by DHL, which was a big problem for me here in Malta.

Small and compact, easy to use, good battery time, easy to charge
Uncomfortable headphones included, fiddly to setup.
on 1 November 2013
Good points

The sound quality of this player is excellent, which is by far the most important thing for me in a music player. Base sounds are rich and satisfying. High frequencies are extremely detailed, without being too bright.

The supplied headphones, as expected with a player at this price, are worthless. But combined with the inexpensive Creative EP-630 Noise Isolating Earphones, also available on Amazon, the sound quality is really outstanding *for a unit in this price range*.

I've mainly used the player for mp3, but the radio worked well when I tested it.

Bad points

- The file handling and navigation are fiddly and annoying.
- When navigating to a new folder, the menu defaults all the way back to the previous track if no button is pressed for 6 seconds, which can be frustrating.
- The fast forward is very slow, and does not speed up if the button is held down. If you want to fast forward to half way through a 60 minute podcast, you will be there a long time.
- The player must be demounted using the 'safely remove hardware' dialogue, otherwise newly transferred files do not show up on the player menu.
- Files are displayed in the order in which they are transferred to the machine, not alphabetically. One outcome is that if you want to copy a lot of files, you cannot randomly click a file then 'select all' and drag, because the randomly clicked file will be transferred first, and will therefore appear first in the file list on the player. If you don't care what order the tracks appear in, maybe that won't be a problem for you.

Now that I've had the player a few weeks, I don't notice the annoyances too much. Without them, I would without question give this item 5 stars. Even with the shortcomings described, this player is easily the best of the limited range available in the price range, in my opinion. (Yes, I have tried the others!)

Finally, it is robust as promised. It survived a 1m fall onto a hard floor without any problem at all.
on 26 May 2016
I do not know why the word Rugged is used. Buggered more like. I have had this since March and it's dead, it will not charge or connect to PC to charge or transfer files.

I bought a more expensive one thinking would be ok.

Don't bother.
on 17 July 2015
Probably the worse product i've ever purchased from Amazon. Opened the package and began to work through the instructions and, initially, I thought I had missed something was not possible to scroll through the songs by Artist, Album or title. For example, if I want to play song 300 out of 335 I had to press the next button until I reach song 300. Having been used to Samsung and Sony MP3 players I was sure that I must have missed something on the instructions. Well I was wrong, the design of navigation system on this product is absolutely ridiculous. As with good MP3 players you simply scroll through the Artist, Album or song title which are automatically placed in order but not on this one.
Overall, extremely frustrating and poorly designed product - don't take the risk unless you don't mind spending more time navigating the songs than actually listening to them.
on 6 April 2016
very disappointed - had to return it once and replacement the same. never managed to work out how to set the date! powers up then on recharging it just switches on and plays music NOT recharging. poor design - 1star as music quality is ok.
on 17 March 2016
Great product,strong clip, actually loud yes thats right its actually painful on full volume! Good solid click to the buttons so you dont accidentally hit them. ive tried the sandisk, and philips clip mp3 players and this is the best.