on 7 November 2014
I wouldn't rate 5 stars. Im a bit impatient also when batteries need to be charged. Even whilst charged in the device, was 6-8 hours on charge and then died after 2.5 hours. So not really that impressed. Came with car live power lead so may fit into vehicle this way. The system says 1st boot cold start 45s - seconds.. haha! Try an hour.. then sus out chinglish setup. My advice is google TK102B time set. Much better instructions in Plain English! The geo coordinates I received after calling the device from Lebara which by the way is definitely the way to go so long as you have a Lebara phone to call it £5 unlimited texts and free calls if unanswered. Anyway received geo location lat.long. 0.0'000000 & 0.000n. This went on for ages and multiple texts and calls. Luckily Lebara! Phew.. eventually decided to settle in to its accuracy and commendable it was! Also it was set up indoors so I guess that slowed 1st accurancy geo test down quite a lot. Held on and now working fine except am unsure whether the charger or batteries are worth keeping? I bought two from different sellers here and the other is a less cheap copy than this and came with a decent battery pack slot charger which one this never had. Really happy about Lebara £5 unlimited sms and calls and also when you order a sim you have the option to get another free. Which I am going to do now. I will test the battery life after charging in the better quality slot charger block as 2.5hours is very bad for thos product. We will see... hope this helps!
on 24 March 2015
Awsome piece of kit once it's up and running. At 60g it's OK for my quad copter. I'm using Austral GPS app from Google store together with this unit to track my quad if it fly away. The software that comes with it I can't figure out, still working on it. I use a sim card from GIF GIF low cost £5 per month. All said and done, buy this it's great.
55 comments|6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 July 2013
So there are a number of knock offs of this flying around. I don't know what the original is like, but this has a badly translated instruction and I can't get some functions to work.

The shock sensor doesn't seem to work, and it doesn't text me when the battery is low. But it does work; if you need a cheap gps tracker that you can call up and get the co-ordinates. The location is reasonably accurate.

The biggest problem is the battery life,80 hrs stated in the manual, and only about 8 hours in the real world. Popped a fully charged battery in, rang once to check it worked, the next morning it was dead.

My long term plan is to wire this into my vehicles battery, or to get a higher capacity battery. But as it stands as a battery powered gps tracker to protect your vehicle, it sorta sucks.
on 18 October 2014
A good piece of kit. The only problem was that in certain areas it lost gprs signal & i had to remove & replace the battery to get it to work again. The magnet could do with being stronger too as i have now lost it.
on 19 July 2014
Excellent product considering its so little money compared to professional trackers that you have to pay a subscription for. The B version has a key fob so the tracker can be armed and disarmed like a normal car alarm, but as only one fob is supplied its a bit limited. The major downside is the power consumption, around 100mA, but if used on something that has a solar panel for battery charging it should be fine. Read the manual over and over again, and do some homework on the internet as it doesn't always make sense, but once you've grasped how it works its fantastic. You may need some degree of electronics and mobile knowledge to understand how it all works, but there's so much information on the internet about these units that everything should make sense. If you want a tracker for any vehicle this is superb - even if you have a spare £30 and want a play with something, then go for this. On testing it reported I was in my neighbour's garden, only five metres away! You do need something that can show lat/long though such as Google Maps etc.
on 5 August 2014
Offers tremendous value, but has some quality issues, my one unit failed suddenly and has been returned. Full marks to Amazon for their return service. Instructions translated from Chinese are difficult to understand. Maybe I was just unlucky.
on 7 July 2014
I could not get this to work. I put a standard THREE sim in it (with £10 credit on it) and it just did not work. There is no help from the supplier (or Amazon) if you have problems. I then found some info on another site saying it only works with 2G sims, on Orange or T mobile. These are as rare as hens teeth. When you have found your 2G sim card and put £10 on it, I hope it works, because what are you going to do with £10 on a 2G sim card??
on 2 December 2013
The product is as described I have tested unit and it works fine. I would recommend this company and there products their customer service is second to non they are extremely helpful and have a can do attitude.
on 23 July 2014
Bought this for my classic car after looking at the other tracker systems, lots of subscription every year.

Arrived quickly and well packed, can't fault that.

There was some mixed discussion about which SIM's would work, I opted for a Talk Talk one as my home phone is with them I get a SIM with 3250 texts on, and 300mb data, some voice but don't need that all for £3.30 a month. Put in a phone, killed the voice mail.

TalkTalk piggyback the Vodafone network.

Tracker on the bench, put the SIM in, powered up and works a treat. Done all the basic commands and I m very impressed with it. Wiring's not a problem being an electronic engineer, so the next bit is to fit it into the car, that's the easy bit.

So overall very impressed, why would you not have one ??
on 26 November 2014
Bought two of these too, total waste of time, one would work for about 2/3 times then would switch it self off or poss battery would go flat. prob the latter. So became unreliable. the other would give me one location, then go dead. But location would be given as somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic ocean, when my feet were firmly on dry land....figure that one out. Not had time to fault find or to try to hard wire in to prove if bad bat or not. My opinion would be to buy a more expensive model, as in the end you get what you pay for.