on 7 February 2011
I'll be as brief as poss - TV Looks great, The remote is very cheap but you cant argue for the price.
The sound is probably the worst I have heard on a TV before the sound reminds me of watching a video through my laptop's built in speakers but I have run my sky hd box through my sony home theatre so can let that one go.

Now the negatives are out of the way the Picture quality is absolutely stunning in HD, I watched Chelsea vs Liverpool and there was no ghosting very solid and clear picture.
Standard Def broadcasts are acceptable.
Hooked up my ps3 and it looks amazing I played dead space and it looks great and handles dark scenes very well, On to the Movies and I ran Despicable Me in 1080p and it looks Awesome, As I previously had a panasonic 42 inch plasma I am used to good pictures and it certainly lived up to it!
Then I ran the Dark Knight and I did notice that you have to run the TV in Dynamic mode this may have a slight negative but i'll explain, As the TV is back lit when you go from a dark scene to light scene or vice versa the TV dims and lightens causing the tv to look like someone is adjusting the brightness which was a bit annoying but when you run dynamic mode it does eliminate this.
Also if you are watching the TV in the dark I suggest you select standard mode as dynamic is too bright for standard definition but if you run a bluray or hd source then keep in dynamic mode.
I also tested game mode and never noticed any difference at all.

Overall for the price and what you get I would give this TV 5 stars BUT the sound is that poor i will have to give it 4 out of five!

Update 9/2/11 - The dimming issue that I have described can be fixed - you have to go into the TV's menu and switch off the "Active Back Light Control" The TV actually looks and runs better with this option selected
on 1 February 2011
Bought this 42" LED T.V, to replace my 37" toshiba LCD. First things first, the price was fantastic for this T.v. I did so much research on all brands, but Toshiba won me over again.
The 100hz makes the HD really stand out and is tops. The sleekness is stunning. Now for the problems. The lip sync at times goes out,this happens alot while watching films recorded on sky HD, and when back light is switched off white patches appear in the black.

Recent update.
Pointless complaing about the sound, get a surrond sound system!
Played about with the lip sync option and phoned sky as this could also be the reason why its out. So far so good. As for the patches, after fiddling with the picture options depending what your watching, this can fade the patches out. I really like this T.V and trying everything possible not to send it back.

Another update.
Had to sent tv back as the lip sync was out of control. such a shame. Returned item and was refunded in two days. Fantastic service thanks Amazon. Also bought 42" Samsung plasma, from Amazon very happy with product.
on 19 February 2011
i was so pleased with it...but.... the picture was superb.the sound was very thin,but i could overlook that as i have a surround system.then the lip sync started to wander and you had to turn it on and off to get it to lip sync in time on dvd and free views.then some big green lines appereared on it and that was that,so its going back.i really wanted to like it,and wasnt worried about the sound.
on 14 February 2011
Having shopped around for a few weeks for a new tv. taking advice on what & what not to buy. being a sports watcher, i decided on 100Mhz LCD or LED. I could'nt believe my eyes when i came upon this offer. A 42" LED almost the perfect discription i'd been looking for, going to both Comet & Currys the price was around the £700-800 area. This Toshiba the same manufacturer i'd been watching for over a decade & never had a single problem. I thought this cant be a true offer £470 with free delivery. i even checked the Toshiba website thinking the model was really old stock. finding the model was only relesed in October i thought i'd give it a go.

Without question the best desision i could have made. the picture is brilliant & the set-up was so easy. I've eard it said many times say it was minuets to set-up, well i can assure yo whis time its true. im no way a techy but out of the box, stand fitted & filly tuned in, seated & watching television was 5 mins.

If i could give any advice I'd say give this television a go, you'll not be upset.
on 9 March 2011
Had to purchase a new tv after our 42" LG bit the bullet after only 19 months!

Couldn't believe the price of this tv as it was LED. It must have been on a daily deal as it was only £[] on the day, March 11. I opted for express delivery, ordering on Saturday and receiving it on the Tuesday at a cost of only £8.99.

There was not many reviews on the tv but I must admit I was swayed by the price anyway.

I do have to agree with a majority of the reviews in that the sound is awful! I can only assume that this is due to the fact that the tv, being LED, is a lot thinner than our previous lcd.

I could not have lived with the sound but as this tv was selling at a high street retailer for over £130.00 more, I didn't feel too bad after having to purchase a cinema surround (also from amazon) and costing only £125.00. That made it about the same price as the high street retailer with the surround sound thrown in.

I now have a tv that has the best picture quality i've seen plugged into a surround sound and looking and sounding great for well under £500.

It looks great on sky hd and the lends itself to PS3 and Xbox games.

If you have surround sound already or are not bothered about forking out for one on top of the tv, then I would highly recommend this tv.

Again, like a previous reviewer, I gave the tv 4 stars due to the quality of the sound.
on 15 March 2011
Bought this tv as an upgrade both in size and specification from my sony 32 inch lcd tv 50 hz. I have found the picture to be very good the set up was easy although I am not to sure about the instruction book it only gives the basics but you can download the full one I suppose it is a environment thing. Whilst the picture is vg and the set up simple the sound has a lot to be desired from the built in speakers I can only describe it as being like an old mono radio but I suppose most tv's are used in conjunction with surround sound these days. As with most sound producing equipment you need a good chasis to give the sound depth and warmth but because most modern tv's are so thin you do not get this but if you can live with that I would certainly give it the thumbs up for picture quality,style,features and operation and used as i do with a digital amp the sound from the optical output is very good.
on 21 April 2011
Before buying this TV from Amazon I went to look at it in a chain electrical store where it was on display amongst far more expensive models, all the TVs were playing the same feed side-by-side, this TV won easily, mind made up I went straight online to buy on Amazon.
After a very simple setup process, skyHD, XBox360 and PS3 looked fantastic.
As I already have a home cinema system and never use a TVs onboard sound systems as they are always terrible in comparison, I can't comment on the in-built TV sound but if you are serious about your sound spend the money you have saved buying this TV on a half-decent 5.1 surround sound system or soundbar system with optical audio input.

If you want a cheap, top brand, 42" LED Backlit LCD which is very very thin and light with very good picture quality and have or are planning to buy a sound system to compliment it you really can't go wrong!!
on 10 March 2011
lovely tv, just a pity the sound isnt too good when not watching it through sky. Also the remote controls are very basic and cheap looking.
on 8 May 2011
I bought this TV for my birthday. First one had a line down the screen sent it back and got a new one really quickly. Really pleased with it, sound is a bit radio like but not irritating. The only time we had lips synchronizing problems was due to our lap top not plugged in, thus there was lag from broadcasting from lap top to ps3 to TV. Picture quality is amazing, really pleased with it!
on 4 April 2011
I could not ask for a better tv for the price. LED tv for that price blows all electrical retailers out of the window. Size is perfect, and screen resolution is fantastic. Good delivery, packaged well, however the top of screen seemed a tiny bit damaged. If it was so huge i would of requested a replacement, but all in all - a fantastic tv for the price.

See one answered question