Bought this as a gift for my parents to replace their CRT TV. Very good picture with plenty of options to adjust to your preference. Plugged strait into the existing Sony home cinema system DVD recorder and Sky+ with no hassle and the self set-up is a breeze. Now for the useful hints.
1. If you are not sure if this will be too big/small for your room, the dimensions are approx. 900mm x 640mm (that's 36" x 26" ish for us none metric types :o) with the stand fitted.
2. It can be set up by one person, but it is easier (and safer) to get it out the box with 2 people. Handle it by the edges as the screen is not as tough as a glass screen.
3. Clear a dining table and put a bath towel on it. This makes fitting the stand far easier.
4. The set comes with no connecting cables (other than power), so you need to have either scart leads (or HDMI leads for connection to HD equipment).
5. Amazon's express delivery is good value and VERY snappy, i.e. when they say before 1pm delivery next day, they mean it.
Why only 4 stars? I had to send the first one back due to a screen fault that, judging by the lack of damage to the packaging, should have been picked up at the factory. Amazon had no issue replacing the unit, though the on-line return form was a little vague. Also, the replacement came by standard delivery (6 days) which kind of defeats the object of paying for express delivery in the first place (hint, hint Amazon).