on 26 August 2014
Thought I woul test before giving to my 5 year old grandson. After carefully unwrapping and opening tin found a really flimsy piece of plastic with tiny circuit type board stuck together with sellotape and one pack of cards. Haven't open cards but I will certainly remove the flimsy roar feature as not fixed inside tin in any way and choking hazard. For the money paid for set of cards and tin -I suppose OK but I would never have paid the original price. On the whole quite disappointed - as after all just a set of top trump cards - the tin being quite difficult to open and shut - the roar feature will not last 5 minutes as it is so flimsy and not secured to anything.
on 10 November 2014
I have sent a message to Winning Moves, and as yet they have not replied, so I will need to edit this review at some point. This product cost me £8.99, and it says it contains the classic pack of dinosaurs and an exclusive 2nd pack, and 4 super cards. One would therefore expect 64 cards, but one would be mistaken. This was what my message was about, because; and as it was brand new and all the cards were in cellophane, I am taking it was designed this way; Dinosaurs 2 only has 26 playable top trumps, and the super cards, which seem to make up the usual number of 30 cards, are just information cards, namely Age of the Dinosaurs, Death of the Dinosaurs, Dinosaurs in Movies and Museums. Now, on the box it came in, it states "over 50 dinosaur cards" but in the description it says "60 character cards" ie playable? So it may be a little misleading. Also, slightly disappointing, though not a problem in itself, is that I already have the updated Dinosaurs pack which includes a meat meter, to show if a dinosaur is carnivore or omnivore, whilst, as advertised the ones provided are the classic ones, meaning no meat meter. All that said, if you love Dinosaurs, which I do, you get 56 dinosaur cards to battle it out with. NB, I had a game with just the reduced Dinosaur 2 pack (Look out for its Top Trump) and it still took me around 20 minutes to finish the game.
on 14 December 2013
I got this because my nephews love Dinosaurs. When the boys openedit up they got the surprise of their lives. The tin makes the sound of giant foot steps followed by a roar. They were in total awe.
There are two packs of dinosaur top trumps in the tin and they now spend hours opening and closing the tin while playing. Great new game
on 31 August 2014
Bought for my 5 year old daughter who is dinosaur mad. Makes a great little filler gift. Can't wait to see her face when she opens it on her birthday
on 24 March 2014
Dinosaur cards are great,but the box with the dinosaurs roar never actually worked.the roar mechanism is placed behind very flimsy plastic which is very accessible to kids,my son managed to get it out by accident. My advice,buy the cards separately and dont waste your money on this gimmick,no matter how well reduced it is.
on 6 September 2015
A well presented and very appealing card game in an eye catching container.
My grandchildren and their parents all happily play this!
on 16 November 2014
The game is great fun for all ages and the tin is a nice design but the sound effect stopped working after 1 opening.
on 26 May 2015
Tin is good idea in theory but terrible in reality. It lasted one opening and then after that no more noise!
on 29 November 2014
Would have been nice but when my mates 5 year old son opened it on his birthday it was broken.
on 7 March 2014
Like another reviewer our tin doesn't make a sound. My son enjoys the game but I could have got a couple of packs of the cards cheaper so have paid extra for a tin which isn't special. Would have returned but it was a reward for my son for something and as he wasn't aware the tin should make a noise I left it.
Disappointing though.