on 14 March 2003
A good variety of dishes ranging from the ordinary to more advanced & exciting with the use of some more unusual ingredients. A good mixture of main meals, accompaniments and desserts, with the bonus of some good basics (e.g stocks) plus ideas for kids, entertaining and outdoor eating. Recipes suitable for all abilities to try.
VINE VOICEon 19 December 2008
I found this in a charity shop, didn't expect much from it, given that it was yet another of those TV pairings. I finally turned to this book in desperation when I needed to do something quick with some cromer crabs and tried their Crab Linguine with Chilli - it was delicious! We licked the bowl when we scoffed the lot.

I've since made their Mushroom Risotto at least twice and it is sublime.

BTW I have Giorgio's Made in Italy - a lovely book to read but too heavy to pick up, so I use this instead.

What makes this book special it that it is a collection of special recipes and family favourites of the two chefs.

Easy to make and so yummy. I look forward to trying out more recipes.
on 20 June 2009
Giorgio's recipeS are interesting as usual. This is quite a basic book, compared to the marvelous Giorgio's Made in Italy.
It really misses the index
on 13 September 2006
This is such a great book I've bought one for each of my friends! Personal favourites: Rubarb Bread and Butter Pudding, Spagetti with Tuna in White wine with basil and capers and the Squid with Chickpeas (Follow this recipe and you'll never have tough squid again!!)

I am still working my way through the book but everything I've tried has been fantastic!
on 1 August 2013
One of my favourite all time receipe books, just bought it for a friend of mine (bloke) who has just started cooking
on 7 November 2015
good value for money
on 18 November 2009
the book was perfect,the service fast

many thanks to the seller for a book in that excellent condition.
10/10