- Hardcover: 304 pages
- Publisher: Sidgwick & Jackson; 1st edition (19 Sept. 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0283070269
- ISBN-13: 978-0283070266
- Product Dimensions: 3.2 x 15.9 x 23.5 cm
- Average Customer Review: 3.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 2,631,828 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Tony and Cherie: A Special Relationship Hardcover – 19 Sep 2005
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
'A book that should make us all laugh for many years to come. Terrific stuff' Rod Liddle -- Sunday Times, October 9, 2005
This is a highly entertaining biography that looks at how the Blairs have survived life in Downing Street with all its stresses and strains. Written with access to well-placed sources, Tony and Cherie takes the reader on an eventful journey from their first steps into the tatty environs of the flat in Number 11, still smelling of Kenneth Clarke's cigars, to Blair's triumphant third term and increasing importance as an international statesman. Along the way we discover why the Blairs admitted into their inner circle a 'lifestyle guru' whose topless photograph once appeared in the Daily Star. The author describes what happened on one memorable trip to Balmoral, and tells us which Royal snubbed Cherie, as well as revealing the strange part played in their lives by a series of New Age practitioners. We also gain insights into the backstabbing and rivalries at work inside the Blair court and the couple's relationships with Clinton, Bush and Chirac. Showing the human face of politics, Tony and Cherie is an astonishing account of the lives of the most powerful couple in the land.See all Product Description
Top Customer Reviews
Tony and Cherie is like a cross between Newsnight and Heat magazine...and although there may not be any pictures of her cellulite surrounded by the dreaded red circle, boy does Cherie get an absolute roasting! This book is a wickedly entertaining biography of the Blairs, with insights into all the notorious blunders, as well as the juicy facts into their most contraversial moments (bring on Ms Caplin...Cheriegate etc etc). Ok, I'm not promising the most literary read of your life, but fantastically amusing none the less!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography
- Books > Biography > Historical > 1901 Onwards
- Books > Biography > Historical > Britain > Military
- Books > Biography > Political > Britain
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Ireland
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Post-war Period, 1946-Present
- Books > History > Political History > Politicians