Size: Woodspice 2.25 Oz|Change

on 21 June 2011
Have always used sprays or roll-ons in the past so this solid stick was a first for me. I must admit I'm so far very impressed. It's not as sticky as a roll-on and has less collateral damage than a spray!! It's easy to use, you just twist up the stick with the wheel at the bottom, and it smells pleasantly spicy without being overpowering. It most importantly seems to work as a deodorant (no-one has complained yet?) so this could be a keeper.
Update (17.03.2013)....Toms no longer supply the Woodspice fragrance to the European market due to "lack of customer support" but it is still available via the internet of course. It also was recently brought to my attention that they're now owned by Colgate/Palmolive so their "no animal testing" claim is probably dubious at best...shame because it was a good product.
on 16 July 2012
I have used Toms of Maine for a number of years and the products really suit me. The Woodspice is my favourite scent; pleasant, subdued and genderless. It lasts all day on the body and the stick itself lasts well too so is good value. Why have they stopped inmporting this fragrance into the UK? Great product.
on 30 March 2015
Have tried many of the more 'natural' deoderants, and have usually been disappinted. However, this is the most magnificent product in existence. Being a solid deoderant, you can apply very heavily or very lightly, as needed, and without feeling moist. I've gotten ridiculously sweaty, and yet amazingly still smell pleasantly of trees!! Also love the honeysuckle version, but absolutely adore this scent, and it is SO effective. Can't fault, if in doubt, give it a go!
on 6 March 2016
Sometimes it's the little things in life that make all the difference, isn't it? Fed up of looking for deodorant sticks that either didn't cost the earth or smell nasty and chemically, I thought I'd try Amazon. And there we have it - a range of relatively natural products that don't have aluminium compounds to stop up your pores. I thought I would try 'Maine Woodspice' and see what it was like. It's actually very good (IMHO). It goes on like any other stick deodorant, maybe a bit softer than some, but doesn't smell overpowering even when it reaches body temperature. But it does its job for the day and doesn't give you away and that's all we can hope for, isn't it? No irritation and no irritating marks and stains on clothing either. I will definitely buy again but I'm biding my time as the price seems to fluctuate a lot(!)
on 23 January 2012
I've tried a couple of Tom's of Maine deodorants now, and found they're actually more effective than most as well as smelling better.

This one goes on a treat without being sticky, smells spicy without being overpowering, and is gentle on my easily-irritated skin. Great stuff.
on 14 June 2013
Having had the former product, which was readily to be found in health shops, I was sad to see it wasn't available anywhere in the UK.
Then I found this product on Amazon!
The cost is ... ouch! But if its a choise of having it or not, sometimes food has to go 'by the board' for smelling nice!
on 22 December 2014
Tried this after reading that anti perspirants were bad for you. Thiis product smells stale to start with and simply doesn't work. I am not a stinky person and bath twice a day I but I got a whiff of B.O. on several occasions. I have now gone back to a regular anti-perspirant and wouldn't try this kind of product again.
on 21 September 2015
This excellent deodorant is not readily available in the UK which is a shame as I am sure there are many who can't tolerate aluminium and also zinc which appears to be in the Tom's products we get here. Zinc makes me itch as bad as aluminium so I hope the suppliers, retailers and management of Tom's of Maine take notice on our behalf.
on 1 August 2014
Such a shame this make is no longer available in the UK. But thank goodness I was able to order it online. I love it. The perfume is gorgeous (even though I think it is actually marketed for men) and each stick lasts absolutely ages.
on 6 May 2015
I was looking for a natural deodorant and this seemed to fit the bill so I thought I'd give it a go. It has a great, woody, spicy smell which I really like. However, it doesn't work as a deodorant. It wears off in an hour or so and then your natural aroma shines through! If you're at all active, this is not for you.

See one answered question