I bought this to replace my old TomTom One Europe as the battery had died. I have now used this one for two months and regret not sending it back. They have taken out many good features of the older versions.
If you are new to satnavs then this might suffice, but if you have used older models you need to seriously consider if this offers all you want and are used to from your old/current model.
Pros - It has a nice large display, seems to pick up satellite lock quickly, it is a very thin package, including the window attachment and has speed camera alerts.
Cons - They have removed some of the better features of the older type;
- no ability to view the route TomTom has chosen,
- no ability to plan an itinerary,
- no ability to change the route to avoid a specific area or road (ie if you know there has been an accident on the M1 there is no way to have it choose a route that avoids that road or part of it!)
- the map remains in the same orientation (so sometimes you are driving down or across the screen which can be disorienting when at a junction)
- you cannot adjust what is displayed on the screen (used to be able to turn specific details on or off as desired)
- you can no longer navigate to an intersection of roads