- Looking for a case to fit your new sat nav? Check out the AmazonBasics GPS Travel Case, from our AmazonBasics bags and cases range, a new offering of quality consumer electronics accessories at great value prices.
- As an alternative Amazon recommends the TomTom ONE v3 Great Britain Satellite Navigation System to find out more *Click here for details
- Visit our TomTom Store to see the full range of TomTom products.
TomTom ONE Great Britain GPS (with Bluetooth)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Plug & Go: Works straight out of the box.
- High quality anti-glare touchscreen
- User-friendly menu with high resolution graphics
- Tip Feature: discover everything ONE has to offer through useful onscreen tips.
- Fast GPS signal fix
- Portable, lightweight and wallet-sized
- Bluetooth 2.0
- Car speed linked volume
- Optional warning when exceeding recorded speed limit
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Your first step in car navigation? TomTom ONE combines ease of use, portability, TomTom's touchscreen technology and a sleek new design. Drivers can enjoy the benefits of a TomTom ONE immediately, thanks to TomTom's award-winning plug and drive navigation software pre-installed on a memory card. This means there is no need to download complicated software, just plug in and start using. TomTom ONE comes with the latest regional maps of your region. With TomTom ONE, everyONE can find their way from A to B!
TomTom ONE regional -Your first step in car navigation? TomTom ONE combines ease of use, portability, touchscreen technology and an elegant, unmistakable new design. Drivers can enjoy the benefits of a TomTom ONE immediately, thanks to TomTom's award-winning plug and drive navigation software pre-installed on a memory card. This means there is no need to download complicated software, just plug in and start using. TomTom ONE comes with the latest regional maps of your Country/Region. With TomTom ONE, everyONE can find their way from A to B!
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
What is striking about a Tomtom is its simplicity. The software is simple, intuitive and uses chunky screen graphics to use without a stylus.
Tomtom has reworked the dimensions of the unit and colour combinations and has gotten it right this time. The model is a huge improvement from its earlier counterparts. It is approximately 1.2 times a standard credit card in length and 0.8 times in breadth. It comfortably fits in your pocket or a ladies bag.
- Gets you from A to B without the hassle. Step1: choose your postcode, Step2: choose the street name, Step3: choose the door number, Step4: start driving
- Alternatively, this model also offers full postcode search. You could just type in the postcode and start driving.
- Finally, latitude and longitude search, if you know what you are doing :-)
- Relatively large touch-screen with solid graphical user interface.
- Icons are suitably large to select with the touch of a finger, layout is also very simple.
- You can store locations as favourites or browse from a list of recent destinations.
- Good built-in GPS receiver, this maintains a gps lock throughout your journey.
- This basic model comes with GB map preloaded on a small SD card. Additional maps, if bought separately, require a larger SD card.
- Connecting to some phone models still remains a struggle in order to get traffic updates (as mentioned by other users).Read more ›
The software is superb, so easy and intuitive you don't even need to bother reading the instructions, which if you do, are well presented and meaningful.
The signal lock is brilliant, I'm able to use it quite happily in the house, and whilst driving it's not lost the signal once.
The windscreen holder is simple in design but works extremely well.
Battery life seems good, the supplied USB cable is a useful way of topping this up whilst backing things up on your PC, or adding new points of interest to the device.
Very easy to add additional points of interest, such as the location of speed cameras and fast food outlets, petrol stations etc..
If you deviate from the suggested route, re-calculation is automatic and takes around 5 seconds from my experience.
The unit seems well made and fits neatly into the palm of your hand, it would fit very easily into a suit or coat pocket, making it ideal for use on foot as well in the car.
If your mobile is GPRS enabled, I believe it's even possible to pair the One with your mobile via Bluetooth thus making it traffic aware to avoid problems on your calculated route.
The price is unbelievable considering the usability, build quality, and expansion options of the product.
I highly recommend this product and rank it in my top 3 gadgets I've ever purchased, alongside my Roku Wireless Music Player and the Sky+ box.
But, be aware - it's cheap for a reason. You get the minimum you need to get going with this. You don't get a case or bag of any description to keep it safe. You also get a cheapo windscreen mount, which - as others have highlighted - has a tendancy to fall off when you least expect it (or want it) to as it doesn't lock on. The mount with the old TomTom go 310 was much better.
And lastly, buy this being aware that you will get NO SUPPORT FROM TOMTOM. As they've got bigger and more popular their product support has got worse. You'll be doing well if you get to speak to someone at all (and it'll be at a premium rate). If you do, you have a 99% chance they won't be able to help you - this is from personal experience.
Overall, brilliant device that easily would get 5 stars but is let down by awful support and cheapo peripherals. It's a testament to how good it is that I'd still give it 4!
I only have three minor issues with it:
- The Home software isn't the easiest to navigate around and use, although TomTom are testing a v2 of the software.
- There isn't any point installing the CD which comes with the device, you'll need to download the latest version of the Home software from the TomTom website, in order to be able to fully update the ONE.
- The mount that came with mine is very tight. This isn't a common problem, but I've contacted TomTom directly, and they've agreed to send me a new mount for free.
Those aside however, the device is great, provided that you don't need anything to watch movies, listen to audio, or look at pictures on. But to be honest, I bought it as a navigation device, not an iPod.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Takes ages to find where it suppose to be and does not always give accurate readingsPublished 15 months ago by Jill Howe
This really has been a GREAT piece of kit. After 7 yrs it has taken me all around the UK and Ireland. Maps have been regularly updated and I still use it. Read morePublished 20 months ago by Eccleshill Billy
Maps were missing, and software was not detecting the device, looks like a corrupt unit and SD card. Shame as we really liked the look of the features.Published 23 months ago by Neressa Harrison