on 11 January 2008
I'm sorry, but I have to agree in part with JJ Moore. "Tomtom one XL" is plastered across the front of the case so that if anyone was in any doubt about what's in the case, they need wonder no longer. It would be a lot less conspicuous in an unmarked bag or case. Apart from that, I cannot understand for the life of me how this One XL carry case can retail at £18 (its price when I bought it). I believe that if the black fabric covering was stripped away, a simple cardboard case would be revealed. It looks nice I admit, but it feels cheap and weighs nothing when you pick it up. It probably cost less than a quid to manufacture somewhere in the far east, and we are being ripped off to the tune of £18 - for a cardboard box in a fancy costume. Unfortunately, I bought mine before I knew all this, but if I could turn back the clock I would find an alternative. I recommend that you do the same.
on 21 June 2008
I would advise anyone who has a Tom Tom One XL to go out and buy a nice case in Asda or Tesco to protect their Satnav. This case might be nice with the XL logo on the front, but it does not give ultimate protection more than any other case would at half the cost. You can buy a leather case at that price, which I have done. It definitely needs protection from scratches and falls but be clever and get yourself a normal case even from Dixons otherwise for the same protection, you will be paying megabucks to advertise free for Tom Tom One XL!
on 8 September 2007
Once you make the mistake of buying a Tom Tom without a case and then damaging it you'll wonder why you should have protected it for so little -like I did ! A very lightweight case ,moulded to fit precisely could have avoided this but now I've learnt.
VINE VOICEon 7 October 2007
Yep, a very nice case will an `expensive` feel to it, the Tom Tom fits perfectly into it and keeps it looking like new, if you`ve got an XL, you need one of these.
on 8 April 2009
Why buy a fairly expensive piece of kit and not protect it?
I guess it should really have come with the sat-nav but these guys are there to make money first and foremost.
on 21 September 2009
Nothing wrong with this carry case except that only a bare TomTom will fit into it. No space for cables or the adjustable suction ring. In order to use the carry case you will have to dismantle your TomTom, so not very practical if you are looking for a case to take your TomTom system with you.
on 9 May 2013
Really good cover... feels like it protects tomtom from bumps and scratches well and fits perfectly. Only annoyance is you can fit the wire in (coiled at the back) at a push but not the holder. Really not a big deal though. Worth buying :)
on 3 October 2009
Cannot put the asembled TOM TOM into this and therefore the bracket for attaching to window and power cable are left out. You then have to store these somewhere else and this is hassle when removing from car for security.
Poor product
on 30 December 2010
I bought this product in April 10 and only paid £8 for it, which is much cheaper than in the shops. I just needed a case to stop my satnav from being damaged so was perfect for me. It has lasted well so far.
on 15 December 2009
Nice, sturdy, not expensive (paid 4.99), device fits perfectly, however no space for suction ring and oddly designed hand-strap attaching.

See one answered question