In a nutshell:
Splinter Cell returns with an all-new story of double-dealing terrorists and uncomfortable moral decisions. Its greatest new feature though is its multiplayer, which continues to expand into the definitive online stealth experience.
You can only imagine that Sam Fisher must get a good pension, because he doesnt seem to have an easy life. This time his role as a double agent in a terrorist group forces him to constantly make difficult moral choices, from big set piece decisions on whether to execute hostages to simple choices in-game such as whether to help out civilians. Although there are few significant changes to the controls this time around, for once most of the game doesnt take place in the dark. Stealth is still paramount though, especially since two onscreen trust meters track whether youre still in favour with both the terrorists and the NSA. The terrorist base also acts as a sort of hub world which you keep returning to between missions and slowly explore and unlock as the games story unfurls.
Most exciting moment:
The expanded Spies vs. Mercenaries multiplayer game now has even less connection to the single player campaign, with the spies using only hand-to-hand combat and moving much faster than Sam Fisher. It now supports a total of six players at once and is one of the few online action games to offer a genuine alternative to the normal first person deathmatches.
Since you ask:
The next Splinter Cell game is subtitled Conviction and is due out some time next year. Controversially it has been announced as an Xbox 360 and PC exclusive only, with no PlayStation 3 or Wii versions currently scheduled.
The bottom line:
The best Splinter Cell yet, particularly in multiplayer mode.-HARRISON DENT
The best-selling Tom Clancy`s Splinter Cell saga takes on an entirely new direction. In the highly anticipated sequel to the 2005 game of the year, Tom Clancy`s Splinter Cell Double Agent", play as a double agent spy for the first time ever. Take on dual roles of covert operative and ruthless terrorist, where your choices of whom to betray and whom to protect actually affect the outcome of your game.
Experience the relentless tension and gut-wrenching dilemmas of life as a double agent. Lie. Kill. Sabotage. Betray. All to protect the innocent.
How far will you go to gain the enemy`s trust? As covert operative Sam Fisher, you must infiltrate a vicious terrorist group and destroy it from within. You`ll need to carefully weigh the consequences of your actions. Kill too many terrorists and you`ll blow your cover. Hesitate and millions will die. Do whatever it takes to complete your mission, but get out alive.
- Double agent gameplay and branching storyline: Play both sides and decide between opposing NSA and terrorists objectives. You choose who`s priorities to support, and who`s to undermine. Your actions affect the story and gameplay, leading to shockingly different endings.
- Upgradeable weapons and gadgets: As you progress get access to upgraded prototype gadgets and weapons, like improved night vision, based on your choices and covert skills.
- Authentic double agent tactics: Use realistic tactics, based on testimonies of actual undercover agents, to sabotage the enemies` plans.
- Don`t blow your cover: Steal, destroy, kill, and evade the authorities. Do whatever it takes to make your mark and gain their trust.
- A world of International espionage: Go from Shanghai and Cozumel to America itself, where New York City and Los Angeles are threatened by the terrorists` agenda of destruction.
- All-new extreme gameplay situations: Conduct