- Platform: Sony PSP
- PEGI Rating: Suitable for 16 years and over. Not for sale to persons under age 16. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 16 years of age or over.
- Media: Video Game
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas (PSP)
- New leader, new team
- Special order location
- Observe plan assault
- Real-time immersion
- Advanced gameplay animations
- Next-generation artificial intelligence
- Customisable multi-player experience
- Ubisoft Montreal Returns
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- New Team, New Location - Two new Rainbow operatives enter the impending doom that is Las Vegas as their console brethren, Keller, Park and Walter, simultaneously work against the clock to save Sin City.
- Tag-Team Gameplay - In single-player mode, play as both a field operative and sniper as you battle to protect the innocent from carnage.
- Observe - Plan - Assault - Use tactical planning to maneuver through Vegas environments while utilizing high-tech equipment like snake cams to strategically tag terrorists prior to entering a room.
- Take Cover - When the action heats up, switch to third-person view while taking cover, giving you time to examine the situation before making your move.
- Tailored Control System - Shoot your way out of relentless gun battles utilizing a tailored control system built specifically for the PSP system.
- Player Rewards - Build up your stats to unlock exclusive Rainbow Six Vegas content, including concept art and the feverish Terrorist Hunt mode.
- Terrorist Hunt Mode - Hone your skills in Terrorist Hunt mode, where your objective is simple - kill the terrorists. Enter specific points of single-player maps and down the spawning terrorists one at a time.
- Multiplayer - Take the fight to five of your closest friends via wireless (Ad Hoc) or online play (Infrastructure) in Survival and Team Survival multiplayer modes, while exploring six classic Rainbow Six maps.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The levels are challenging and its definitely not a 'run and gun' action game but more suited to people who use stealth, a bit like the SOCOM games in that respect.
The graphics for a PSP game are among the best i have seen and the online multiplayer was rich and in depth for a handheld game.
Can you compare the games on the Wii to a Nintendo DS? No
Can you compare the games on the PS3 to the PSP? No, so stop trying!
Its a great way to take Vegas on the road on long journeys, the bus, train etc.
This game has both atmosphere and gameplay and for that reason I am giving it 5 stars.
Firstly the control system. Yes it is slightly fiddlier than other versions, but anyone who's played other FPSs on the PSP (Medal of Honor Heroes 2 etc) will find the controls very similar and easy to grasp.
The storyline accompanies, rather than imitates, the PS3 version. In the PSP version you play the part of a 2-man support team to Rainbow Six, following a hostage/kidnapping plot which runs alongside the original.
The gameplay has been taken down a notch in terms of tactics. Where in the PS3 version you could communicate to the othe team members, place them where you wanted them, get them to cover certain areas etc, in the PSP version you play as one character until they reach a certain point and need the backup of the other character. At which point you swap characters and they continue their part of the mission, then they swap back etc. This does make the PSP version a traditional, linear FPS as opposed to the tactical depth of its console brothers.
But the gameplay is not only fun, it gives a great feeling of being an elite commando. The ducking behind walls and peeking around corners to gun down terrorists is both very enjoyable and makes you feel very cool. Especially sniping :)
There are some aggravating gameplay points. For example in one level you're needed to cover your teammate and a hostage from fire from their terrorist captors.Read more ›
easy to get the hang of and satisfying enough but no where near as impressive as rainbow six computer (better team experience too on PC) and i imagine other console versions.
It's worth it, the 2nd hand prices being as they are, give this a shot if you like shooter/ military games but i wouldn't say it's a must, try socom or syphon filter for the best of the best.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
good game, my son has played it & completed it over & over but he still enjoys playing it on his own or with friends.Published 22 months ago by deborah parkes
bought this game for my son for a christmas present it arrived quickly and he was pleased when i game it to himPublished on 22 April 2012 by tanya
I can't believe that they relased this piece of turd. It is so utterly hard to control your character that it makes the game totally unplayable.
Please don't buy this!!!
I was realy looking foward to this game coming out.
It was rediculiosly rubbish.
Worst game i have ever bought.