Price:£2.05+ £0.99 shipping

on 26 March 2011
I bought one of these balls for a stocking filler for my son and he loved it. I childmind so got some more so that on the darker nights we can have some fun rolling them around in the dark. All the children love them.

The only downside is that the lights on one of the balls is harder to set off but I make sure I get that one and so everyone is happy.

I had read the reviews and noted that this ball was small, just right for little fingers, I didn't get this impression from the picture but wasn't disappointed because of the other helpful reviews.

Great little toy, not exactly educational but who cares, not everything should be, as long as it's fun and the children are happy.Disco Glide Ball
on 18 February 2015
This ball is small and hard. There are no details that state the size of the ball, and unfortunately it doesn't meet my expectations as I was hoping that I could take it to the preschool I work at and use it there. If it were to be used by a small audience then it would be fine, but we're looking at over 30 children at times, I can't trust all of them not to throw it.

Visually it's a cool ball, mine only flashes on one side mind you but the gliding effect makes that an unimportant point as the flashy side is always at the top. I'll keep it to occupy myself until it's batteries run out. Although the gliding part of it doesn't need batteries so would still be interesting to fiddle with I guess.

Note to self: read reviews. No details is better that dumb details, one seller stated that it was good for tossing!
on 30 December 2008
Personally this toy is a great for stress..you could just sit their gliding it watching the lights roll and seeing the wonderfull illusion of the ball just gliding and not actually rolling..

However i tell you now..as soon as you get this toy..you will get it in a giant box..im not too sure why they put it in a box so big!
on 30 May 2013
I bought this item for my grandson who has mild asbergers. He likes to fiddle and it is excellent as it is not a throw ball because it is hard but rolling and passing from hand to hand it lights up really well. Glad I also bought one for his brother to play with.
on 24 February 2015
I bought this expecting it to light up, but at first it didn't seem to do this. We only discovered that it does light up if you hit it hard enough. My two year old got hold of it, and was not gentle! It's very pretty in the dark. I'm not sure who had more fun with it, my four year old or his parents :-)
on 10 May 2011
this ball was a little smaller than expected, about the size of a golf ball if not slightly smaller. however it does its job nicely and the children enjoyed playing with it
on 18 February 2015
excellent, even adults like this.
The lights are set in water so when you roll the ball the lights stay at the top and the ball appears to be gliding across the floor, my 1 year old loves this, great for sensory play time.
on 27 November 2014
I purchased these balls (4) as sensory toys for my setting. Initially I was very pleased with them, now I'm throwing them out.
One of the balls developed a crack along the seam ( I expect from too many taps) and what came out smelt like petrol. In keeping with the smell it felt slightly oily too. What a pity the kids really love them
on 11 January 2015
My 7 month old is impressed with this ball unlike his mother. The ball is much smaller and heavier than anticipated. It is the size of a ping pong ball. Has the feel and weight of a marble and does not bounce due to weight and material of the ball. The light up effect only last for a few seconds and needs a good bash to get the lights going. Not that great
on 2 January 2016
Smashing! - delightful and fascinating. I first saw one at a friend's home and couldn't stop playing with it. I bought one for another friend's aged mother who has Alzheimer's and she was enchanted . I have one and my cats love it. A perfect gift for the entire family. When you tap the ball it flashes a series of different coloured lights. When it rolls, it appears to glide as the same lights stay on the top (I think because there is a ball within a ball and the external, clear ball does the rolling whilst the inner ball stays static). It is just, simply, FUN. And ridiculously cheap for this amount of pleasure. Buy one for everyone you know who is delighted by small pleasures.

See one answered question