on 23 September 2009
I was bought these for my (45th) birthday. Now everybody has had a go! They are a lot more stable than I thought, I think with a bit of practice most people who are resonably fit would soon get the hang of them. Suitable for younger children too (about 6-7), whereas "funwheels" are considerably harder and for older kids. They are more robust than some pedal-a-goes that I have seen. They are great fun and develop good balance. Just be sure you take adequate precautions especially if you have not tried other balance/skill toys before. Eg wear knee pads & gloves etc and practise away from sharp hard objects that you could fall on! Top Tip: I like to practise in kids playgrounds on that bouncy tarmac they have under swings thesedays. They have been very popular with the kids at circus skills workshops - they all want to have a go.
on 20 October 2010
Much much harder than you think it would be, but great fun.
I bought this for an 8 year olds birthday present. She was delighted.
Definitely needs at least one parent to help as it is very hard to keep
Your balance, but is lots of fun.
on 30 April 2014
This pedal racer is sturdily built and can tolerate quite rough treatment. I bought this initially as a novelty for my nephews when they came to visit but it has been used by people of all ages, sizes and weights on a regular basis. It takes a bit of getting used to if I'm honest, and takes a bit of time to get your balance right, but once you get to grips with it, there's no stopping you. It's great fun! I initially found that it's better if someone stands in front of the person using it, until they get the hang of it to prevent any falls. We've all had many hilarious hours of fun with this racer and it brings out the competetive spirit in people. It also tones up muscles you didn't know you had! Well worth buying and a definite addition to any barbecue or garden party. I would highly recommend this racer for all ages.
on 28 July 2010
Bought this for a bit of fun and thought it would be a great training aid for my husband on his unicycle. It's great for improving balance and loads of fun, my girls ( aged 6 and 8) won't get off of it! Feels nice and smooth to pedal ( once you get into a rythmn) and is nice and sturdy - takes adult weight (up to 14st), so we don't have to miss the fun. Would recommend getting one of these- well worth the money!
on 29 December 2009
GOT THIS TOY FOR THE GRAND KIDS. WE HAD ONE WHEN WE WERE SMALL AND LOVED IT. ITS SOME THING I THINK THEY WILL ALWAYS GO BACK TO AND WILL LAST TILL WHEN EVER THEY GET FED UP WITH IT WHICH WILL BE A LONG TIME AS THE ADULTS PLAY ON IT TOO. YOU HAVE TO HAVE GOOD BALANCE ON IT SO NOT SO GOOD IF YOU HAVE BALANCE PROBLEMS.
on 17 September 2011
Great fun for ages 3(with help) to fifty three in my family! Great when you get in rhythm. When you lose your balance it just stops which is good. Would have given in 5 stars if turning corners was possible.
on 24 August 2010
Great toy , lots of balance required but once you get it going its great fun.
on 30 March 2015
A wonderful product which has been played with by everyone in our house. Great for exercising and ideal for general family fun. It's well made and Actually very easy to use once you get into the swing of it. My daughter is an expert on this at 7 years old she just loves it.
on 23 January 2015
My 11 year old girl said it was the best Xmas present. Quite difficult which is great for a challenge. She used it around the house as it helps have walls to hold herself up on. It might be a different story outside and she will mostlikely need helmet and pads. Great fun!
on 10 August 2015
very dangerous for a six year old that wont give up trying, she has great balance but just when you
think you've mastered it, it throws you backwards as the thing shoots forwards
leaving her head hitting the floor, ive now binned it.

See one answered question