- Paperback: 218 pages
- Publisher: Lindisfarne Books; New edition edition (1 Jan. 1980)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0940262371
- ISBN-13: 978-0940262379
- Product Dimensions: 20.9 x 14.7 x 1.4 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 551,430 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
To Hear the Angels Sing: An Odyssey of Co-creation with the Devic Kingdom Paperback – 1 Jan 1980
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the Author
About the Author
Dorothy Maclean is a co-founder of the Findhorn Community, a worldwide lecturer, and the author of several books including Choices of Love and To Honor the Earth.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Like all mystics, Maclean sees the Otherworlds through her own societal filters, which leads her to speak of a monotheistic male deity and sometimes to explain things in Christian terms (e.g., God's will, God's plan). Other than this minor quibble, the book is superb. Since reading it, I have never seen "reality" in the same way as before. I am not psychic but Maclean is so grounded and wise in her approach to such matters that I feel I can trust her insights. I may not be able to communicate with the devas myself, but that they are *there,* I no longer doubt. To a world as ecologically troubled, polluted, and out of balance as ours is, this book brings a vision of hope and offers a path of respect between the realms.
Toward that end, I have found this book to be profoundly inspiring as I go about my not-very-extraordinary daily life, and I find myself thinking of Dorothy and the Caddys often as I seek the best possible solutions for my own daily problems. It has definitely expanded my own relationship with the world and my own infinitely smaller (but no less important) role on the planet.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Medical, Legal & Social Sciences > Philosophy
- Books > Biography > Religious
- Books > Biography > Social & Health Issues
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Health Issues
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Self Help > Practical & Motivational
- Books > Mind, Body & Spirit > Self Help
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > Occult > ESP
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Other Religions > Contemporary Cults
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Philosophy