Customer Discussions > The Accidental Spy [DVD] forum

Title of an old movie/TV drama

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 9 Oct 2010 01:10:19 BDT
pfvll says:
Can't remember the name of this excellent movie or TV drama I saw in the 80s or early 90s.
It's a period dama, late Victorian or Edwardian, English rural setting. Very Thomas Hardy-like. Our heroine works in the dairy parlour of a farm (she may be a daughter of the family?) but there is a scene of her setting out the shallow trays of milk for the cream to rise and swapping gossip with the milkmaids. (The attention to period detail in the film is outstanding, very Merchant Ivory). She is out walking and falls for the handsome horserider she meets who turns out to be a 'gentleman' (so-called).
She takes to walking on paths through the woods where she knows he rides. He meets her again and falls for her. They take to meeting regularly, then at last he takes her home and gets her pregnant. She thinks he is going to marry her, but, of course...........
She has the baby, I can't remember how it ends but I believe badly. I was much impressed with the actress who played the young girl, especially in the part after the birth of the baby when everything goes pear-shaped for them both. A real tear-jerker.
I know it's a hackneyed old tale. but it was most excellently done and I want to get a DVD of the movie/TV drama if available. For some time I thought the actress was a young Patsy Kensit, but I have checked PK's filmography and nothing fits.

It's a great movie that very much impressed me at the time (my own daughter was "that age"!) and it's driving me crazy that I can't remember the name or more details of the plot - can anyone help, please?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  9 Oct 2010
Latest post:  9 Oct 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions