I give this product 2 stars (instead of one), because I have always loved Trend Micro Internet Security, which knocked all rival products out of the water in terms of efficiency, ease of use, and performance. It is probably still better than competitors, but this is a huge disappointment for the following reasons, on Windows XP:
* Sometimes, when 2 or more users are logged in, it confuses the parental controls and applies the wrong ones!
* Occasionally consumes all memory and CPU power until Windows warns of low resources, usually when 2 users are logged in.
* Scans and performs slower than Internet Security 2010
* Updating 5000 rows in a SQLite database takes 3 minutes when loaded, over 10 seconds when not loaded. Switching off live scanning and making an exception for the SQLite data folder has no effect. It only speeds up when Titanium is completely shut down.
* Uses a HUGE amount of resources compared to the previous version. So huge it's unacceptable.
Another reason I liked Trend Micro was that when you decided to unload their product, everything unloaded and shutdown correctly, with nothing left running in the background, unique in the Security software market. Titanium still does this, but leaves one process running, a bad sign and a step in the wrong direction.
Like other reviewers I have also downgraded to the excellent Internet Security 2010, and to anyone looking for the best security product, buy Trend Micro Internet Security, AVOID THIS VERSION!
Next year I will once again be reviewing all of the competitors for the best product, and it's been proved that all good things never last.