Customer Discussions > The Fates forum

Is Tino Georgiou the same person as Giorgio Kostantinos?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 201-225 of 318 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 2 Mar 2008 18:46:20 GMT
Last edited by the author on 2 Mar 2008 18:46:56 GMT
I don't think the "rule" would have stopped TG in his tracks. He could buy a copy of his own book from the uk site (and boost sales figures)

I see The Fates was plugged on Amazon France - anyone know if it was translated into French? K.G.Glaub doesn't seem to know. Although his [TG's] Wiki entry said "His novels have been published in 35 countries." that was copied from Nora Robert's wiki.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Mar 2008 07:40:44 GMT
Last edited by the author on 3 Mar 2008 09:11:05 GMT
CJ says:
Yes but it might have stopped one or two of his 'friends' from the US from joining in on our discussions. Unless of course they were all him - but then again, each time you set up a new name you would need to have bought a book in that name it seems to me to be allowed to join a discussion forum. It may be that this is a new 'rule' from Amazon to stop exactly what has been happening here.

Can't imagine it was translated into French - unless he did it himself on Babel Fish - now there's a thought!

Il n'était pas beau de la manière modèle de poids insuffisant si à la mode parmi les hommes et des femmes à la télévision aujourd'hui.

Hey - its not TOO bad! Praps that's what he did?

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Mar 2008 13:16:38 GMT
Deborah says:
Perhaps if it was then translated back again, it could end up as different book altogether!

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Mar 2008 13:40:13 GMT
Roger says:
I'm saddened but no longer surpised that googling "Fake Reviews" turns up 45,000 hits. One that caught my eye was Martin Millar who admits in his blog that he is quite happy to fake reviews. His latest masterpiece "Lonely Werewolf Girl" (no, I'm not kidding) has a blurb and reviews for which TG would be proud and is of course available on Amazon. Not surprisingly it is self-published, despite (according to Martin), massive offers from major publishers.

Self-publisihing may be a great way for aspiring authors to get their work to market, but it would also appear to be a very good way for any Tom Dick or Harry to make a fast back. If the figures on kgglaub.com are correct, no wonder so many of tnese books are appearing on the market.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Mar 2008 18:49:01 GMT
CJ says:
Oh purlease! Someone with friends in high places in the USA, please can you get them to advertise KG Glaub website on Circe's Song? KG has been doing more research and found a previous incarnation of The Fates/Circe's Pong. They really need to be told.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Mar 2008 20:53:31 GMT
Flubu says:
If you check out the profile for *Ravenova Majere* it shows the familiar cover for the book and the review is from November of last year, so I believe it's the version of the book that we know and love. Amazon must have pulled the plug on it sometime between November and December perhaps?

To add to that, it looks like TG had been sending out electronic copies of the book for a long time before it was published - the comments on delphiforums are from October 2006 - so I wonder whether Majere and some of the other "leading Amazon reviewers" had a very early copy of the book. If so, it sounds like it was set in the right time time period and, judging from the positive reviews, it might even have been a good read...

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Mar 2008 06:30:43 GMT
Last edited by the author on 4 Mar 2008 08:26:51 GMT
Deborah says:
CJ - Found this - D. Cloyce Smith wrote the How-not-to-promote-your-book blog

http://forums.prosperotechnologies.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=am-custreview&msg=28620.1

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Mar 2008 08:39:59 GMT
Last edited by the author on 4 Mar 2008 08:41:17 GMT
Flubu says:
Great news - let's hope it avoids the kind of thing we've seen over here.

By the way, it looks as if amazon.co.uk users can post on the .com discussion board - I clicked on the "reply" link, logged in and got the message "Sorry, you may not post at this time. This forum has a waiting period before new members can post a message. Please return in 24 hours to post". It might help keep the ball rolling if some of us contribute to the discussion.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Mar 2008 09:21:28 GMT
CJ says:
Well he seems to have gone very quiet. Either he's given up or he's waiting until we all lose interest and go away and then he will try again. Love the link Deborah - thanks - at least others are thinking alike over there and hopefully keeping everyone aware.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Mar 2008 14:33:46 GMT
Last edited by the author on 4 Mar 2008 14:38:07 GMT
Flubu says:
Hmm. Just noticed there have been some subtle changes to the text of the book. Remember the howler of a description that was on page 2:

"He was not handsome in the underweight model way so fashionable among the men and women on television today."

Here it is in Circe's Song:

"He was not handsome in the underweight regal manner so fashionable among the men and women of the Athenian court."

I wonder what other differences there are, and whether this is the version that was so favourably reviewed by some of the early reviewers.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Mar 2008 16:25:59 GMT
Stig says:
Or maybe this is a rewrite and he's finally 1)taken a writing course,2)shelled out for an editor and 3) read a history book.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Mar 2008 18:05:30 GMT
Deborah says:
'With that would he had!' (or something similar).

I think the rest of it looks the same, so perhaps he just took on board the one piece of criticism from the Grady Harp review.

Incidentally, what is it, do you think, to be thin in an 'underweight regal manner'? Were the upper classes very thin in Athens in the 14th century? Was there was a court there then? ....

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Mar 2008 19:22:53 GMT
Stig says:
In most of medieval Europe being underweight would be a sign of poverty not wealth.Classical Athens (and this book seems occasionally confused as to its period,) was a democracy.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Mar 2008 23:16:40 GMT
Flubu says:
Just had the chance to read through "Circe's Pong" on Amazon, and yes it's all just as much twaddle as the iUniverse version. There's still some very obvious problems that haven't been sorted out like (in the line that Deborah just mentioned):

"With that would he given you reward close to home." Josh grumbled traitorously, he said to Nicholas.

Have given, maybe? And who's saying to Nicholas that Josh grumbled?

Re. the "underweight regal manner", I'm informed that the author has made extensive researches into the period and so I'm convinced that the book's statement must be an absolutely accurate depiction of the relative thinness of non-regal individuals in 14th century (AD or BC) Anatolia. Any difference between the book and reality are entirely reality's fault.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Mar 2008 23:22:30 GMT
Last edited by the author on 4 Mar 2008 23:23:58 GMT
Yes, Brandon Devereux was offering electronic copies of his novel before its publication. I received the offer, but I declined, as I am not fond of reading full novels on my computer monitor.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Mar 2008 23:46:15 GMT
Stig says:
By Hades! you're right Flubu.
Welcome C.MCCALLISTER.So glad you crossed the water.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Mar 2008 09:53:02 GMT
CJ says:
Keep following Deborah's forum link (4th March D Cloyce Smith) - its interesting and if you follow the links in it to related discussions you will find our Brandon acting all innocent and trying to 'clear his name' before his new book Kingdoms comes out.

I tried again to post in the US - just to cross reference KG Glaub's book with Tino's Fates and to advertise KG's website but whichever way I log on, unless I have bought a book from .com it won't let me post. Can't ask Boof how she did it but perhaps they changed the rules since then.

Praps C.MCCALLISTER can help?

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Mar 2008 13:53:15 GMT
Last edited by the author on 5 Mar 2008 13:57:21 GMT
Flubu says:
CJ - I had that problem but since logging onto the discussion board, it's gone away and I've added a comment like Boof. Not sure if the two are related but it might be worth a try.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Mar 2008 15:26:30 GMT
CJ says:
Thanks Flubu, I'll give it a go.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Mar 2008 17:12:28 GMT
Misfit says:
"It might help keep the ball rolling if some of us contribute to the discussion. "

Flubu, I would appreciate it if you and others would do so. I'm new to this whole thing and still trying to get a handle on it without reading through all the 200+ posts in this thread. I had found a review on Amazon UK that was virtually identical to that of #1 Harriet Klausner with the exception of the last sentence (even had the same typo Lord instead of Laird), promoting this author. I posted my comment on the DB's, http://forums.prosperotechnologies.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=am-custreview

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Mar 2008 20:59:27 GMT
Flubu says:
Looks like KG Glaub's alter ego has been busy spreading the word...

http://www.romancenovel.tv/forum/viewtopic.php?p=28268&highlight=#28268

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Mar 2008 22:27:22 GMT
Deborah says:
Thanks for that link Flubu.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Mar 2008 08:11:34 GMT
Last edited by the author on 7 Mar 2008 09:02:21 GMT
CJ says:
Anyone else having problems accessing www.kgglaub.com this morning? Also noticed that after Boof and Flubu's comments on David Barrowthing's review (Circe's song) we may be seeing a reappearance of our friend.

Subsequently added: oops - www.kg etc is back again - praps it was a glitch at my end then.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Mar 2008 13:42:20 GMT
Last edited by the author on 7 Mar 2008 15:44:03 GMT
Flubu says:
Yes, that new comment caught me aback as it used a very similar turn of phrase, but I think they were referring to the review rather than the comments. Hopefully our friend will not reappear - with the focus on the two books at the moment, I expect that he's keeping his head down...

By the way, spotted this link between TG and Giorgio Kostantinos. ProudGK is someone who's been mentioned before in this thread, and was trying to prevent TG's Wikipedia entry from being deleted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:ProudGk

"Proud GK" turns up several times in reviews of "The Quest", e.g. this fairly long description of The Quest from amazon.fr which includes an excerpt from the book:

http://www.amazon.fr/Quest-Giorgio-Kostantinos/dp/product-description/1418474746

GK's sidekick is also called Josh - what are the chances of that?

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Mar 2008 15:25:41 GMT
Last edited by the author on 7 Mar 2008 15:28:00 GMT
CJ says:
You're right - that comment was genuine - how suspicious I am! Or rather - how suspicious I have become....
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Fates forum
Participants:  25
Total posts:  318
Initial post:  25 Feb 2008
Latest post:  17 Oct 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions