Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > The Fates forum

Is Tino Georgiou the same person as Giorgio Kostantinos?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 318 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 28 Feb 2008 20:05:18 GMT
Last edited by the author on 28 Feb 2008 20:06:25 GMT
Boof says:
Ha ha, but you forgot to plug The Fates, The Quest or Circe's Song in either of your reviews, Georgiou. Please go away and write them again or I'm afraid I will have to believe that you are an imposter.

Oh, Mark (not Twain) has deleted his comment which now means that this will make no sense at all.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Feb 2008 20:07:22 GMT
Dang it! Must try harder. The point was, of course, to show how easy it is to fake even a "real name"

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Feb 2008 20:23:49 GMT
Boof says:
I've just noticed the oddest thing on the product page of Circe's Song on the US site. There are 3 images and when you place your curser over them it says the second image was from C. Ponce (whose name really rings a bell from one of the US discussion sites) and the 3rd one is an image supplied by David A. Barrowclough which looks like something out of Prison Break. I can't work out why DAB would be posting images on someone elses books and what I also can't work out is if this is trying to fool us into thinking that this is some young thing by the name of G.K. Gaub, then what about the lovely photo of Brandon Deverux on the back cover??

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Feb 2008 20:45:01 GMT
Stig says:
Mark ( not Twain) behave yourself! :)

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Feb 2008 20:53:30 GMT
Flubu says:
Here's a rarity - maybe he forgot who he was supposed to be at the time:

http://www.amazon.com/Well-done-indeed/forum/Fx2KTEWRNBLEY5E/TxI0YUPREQCWCI/1?_encoding=UTF8&asin=0007219733

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Feb 2008 23:55:50 GMT
Flubu says:
Probably not that it helps, but I've checked back with earlier posts and it looks like an existing profile - that of our old friend Bertrice Hambly - had been changed to use your name. The same thing happened to me and I was getting fed up with seeing comments from another "SteveD", hence the name change to Flubu. It's maddening that it's that easy to impersonate someone else on Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Feb 2008 07:30:08 GMT
Deborah says:
Well, Bertrice is busy 'reviewing' Circe's Song (aka The Fates) now on .com for KG Glaub - that's Konstantina Georgia Glaub, presumably. As it was printed on 6th Feb and the first reviews appeared on 23rd, I'd imagine Tino can't wait for The Fates to disappear now, as per the link that 'Deborah' posted yesterday.

Do self-publishing companies mind if two of them are used to print the same book at the same time, even with a different title/front cover? The advantage of not having a contract with a real publisher, I suppose.

The US have already noticed his reappearance and reincarnation. Well, at least you can at least browse the (new) book on .com, and CreateSpace is an Amazon.com company, so they only have themselves to blame.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Feb 2008 07:54:46 GMT
CJ says:
I honestly can't be bothered to pursue this book across the pond! If he tries it here we're already on to him. Has anyone alerted Amazon to the reappearance of this book under a different name by the same crossdressing or transexual author? His face on the back of the new book is a bit of a give away if you already know that Tino=Brandon=KG but it could easily BE a girls face - its quite an effeminate face.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Feb 2008 07:58:27 GMT
Boof says:
Welcome back real Deborah.

I'd already wondered if the reason that post was put up by Devereux was because he suddenly reaslised that some poor soul may actually purchase both The Fates and Circe's Song and realise they'd been had (twice).

Well, I am moving house today so won't be able to log on for a while so I will have to leave this ongoing saga in all your capable hands - and also wanted to let you know just incase any posts from Boof appear cos it won't be me.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Feb 2008 08:17:43 GMT
Deborah says:
Good luck with the move!

I'm not crossing the Atlantic for this either, CJ.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Feb 2008 08:19:52 GMT
Deborah - I've been reading this thread with great interest. But for some reason I can't seem to "search inside" on the .com site? Can you point me in the right direction? I saw the pics of the book and found the highly "photoshopped" pic of KG hillarious. It looks like a photofit of different people put together. But so similar to Tino that its not funny. :/

You guys are all super-sleuths, its been fascinating watching the unfolding drama.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Feb 2008 08:54:40 GMT
Stig says:
I've got lots of American friends CJ. I'll alert them.
I can't believe this rubbish is going to be published again.There should be a mandatory prison sentence for it: 'The willful destruction of trees without good cause.'
Perhaps Amazon will do that linking thing with both books and people will get them both in the same order.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Feb 2008 09:04:47 GMT
Boof says:
It's still me (surrounded by boxes and burly men and still can't drag myself away just yet).

Dark Clarissa, here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/Circes-Song-K-G-Glaub/dp/1434832732/ref=si3_rdr_bb_product

Check out the blurb on the back, it's genius. He slips up halfway through the paragraph about who G.K. Glaub is and calls her Tino.

PS/ My husband has just looked at the photo and says he looks like Chico. What do you think?

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Feb 2008 09:14:17 GMT
Roger says:
Hi Boof

I know Tino is a menace but don't feel you have to move just to get away from him.

Hope it goes well.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Feb 2008 09:25:08 GMT
Flubu says:
Good luck on the move Boof!

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Feb 2008 09:35:16 GMT
Flubu says:
Seems that we're not the only ones questioning that - here's a link to a public forum from a couple of years ago with some familiar names and a familiar US state mentioned:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=topicdujour&msg=595.12

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Feb 2008 16:00:57 GMT
Last edited by the author on 29 Feb 2008 16:13:40 GMT
CJ says:
Ok you lot - check this out - this is wierd. Haven't read it twice yet but it LOOKs as tho someone in the US has got one over on Tino aka Brandon aka Giorgio aka David, Kirstin etc etc. There is a website: http://www.kgglaub.com/ which makes it look as though someone has spoofed Tino and this Circe's Song thing is a joke on him. Take a look and let me know what you think...

Or he really HAS tried the Circe's Song rename and change sex trick but someone has spotted it and created this website to pre-empt him.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Feb 2008 16:29:51 GMT
Last edited by the author on 29 Feb 2008 16:30:46 GMT
Stig says:
Have seen it CJ. Very funny.I think Circe' Song IS a real book but that whoever this is ,is just making the duplication plain to see and having some fun at Tino's expense.
I have to say I loved the disclaimer on the copyright page of the 'look inside'.The one that says that the characters,names etc.are 'either the products of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously'.Much like many of his reviewers' characters and names

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Feb 2008 16:39:04 GMT
Last edited by the author on 29 Feb 2008 16:44:21 GMT
Flubu says:
I think the web site was actually mentioned in the book - I tried it last night but it wasn't working - so it seems likely that whoever has "published" the book is also responsible for the website. Very odd. But funny!

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Feb 2008 16:48:27 GMT
CJ says:
It WAS mentioned in the book which is why I tried it and why I thought at first perhaps the book was also a spoof. Its possible Tino put the web address in the book but someone pipped him to the post and bought the domain name first. Its odd but certainly amusing.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Feb 2008 16:53:17 GMT
Roger says:
So who'e going to be first to end an email to tino@kgglaub.com?

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Feb 2008 16:57:21 GMT
Flubu says:
Ah, that makes sense! Quick thinking on someone's part.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Feb 2008 16:59:04 GMT
Flubu says:
Who would dare...? I suppose another possibility could be that Tino is impersonating himself (he does it to enough other people after all) to get a response. Nothing would surprise me anymore.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Feb 2008 17:29:17 GMT
Deborah says:
Quick side-track here - I've just seen a quote in my son's school magazine which seems appropriate for our author:

'I always wanted to be somebody. Pehaps I should have been more specific.'

Back to the matter in hand:

I think Circe's song is him - I can't believe anyone would spend good money with CreateSpace to produce a spoof - it's funny enough in it's own right. And of course it's not a spoof, as we can browse it we know it's the same novel. Plus 'David' and 'Bertrice' have reviewed it and there are the usual shill reviews.

But regarding the website, I'm inclined to agree with the 'pipped to the post' theory. I think Tino would present himself in a far more positive light, and not draw attention to the shill reviews. And I don't think he'd want to draw direct comparisons to the Fates reviews either.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Feb 2008 22:38:49 GMT
Last edited by the author on 29 Feb 2008 22:55:21 GMT
Flubu says:
All, my last comment was supposed to be somewhat tongue in cheek but there is something odd going on here - I recommend that you check out the kgglaub.com domain using whoisx.co.uk and look at the contact details. Finding this has made me very wary of the motives of whoever has set up the web site and I will be steering clear for the while.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Fates forum
Participants:  25
Total posts:  318
Initial post:  25 Feb 2008
Latest post:  17 Oct 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions