Customer Discussions > The Fates forum

Is Tino Georgiou the same person as Giorgio Kostantinos?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 318 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 27 Feb 2008 09:23:52 GMT
CJ says:
Well Sigmund aka Stig, I do think there is some very fertile ground to explore here psychoanalytically speaking - multiple personalities, delusional, abusive, refusal to face facts, paranoia..... I think he needs help poor chap. It kind of reminds me of those auditioning for X Factor type programmes who are utterly convinced, in spite of all evidence to the contrary, that they can sing.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Feb 2008 09:38:35 GMT
CJ says:
Stig, Flubu - where are your reviews? The sun is shining but they haven't reappeared yet!

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Feb 2008 10:04:43 GMT
Last edited by the author on 27 Feb 2008 10:26:47 GMT
Deborah says:
Well we know that the wheels of Amazon grind exceeding slow at the moment.

Oh! Just noticed - has the Hey Amazon! thread just gone? Or was that earlier? There were five weren't there?

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Feb 2008 10:34:14 GMT
CJ says:
Yes its gone and so have some of the disgusting comments made by our beloved and erudite author with the choice vocabulary aka Derek Hall on this thread. A few nasty ones left but assume they will get around to them later.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Feb 2008 10:37:40 GMT
Stig says:
No CJ my review isn't up yet.It takes them ages.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Feb 2008 10:40:40 GMT
Deborah says:
Shouldn't be too long Stig - Flubu's back up and running.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Feb 2008 11:31:47 GMT
Last edited by the author on 27 Feb 2008 11:36:48 GMT
Deborah says:
By the way - I think that Derek Hall (Perth) and V Winton (Chester) are the last of the poor archaeologists. BH of course is no longer using the full name, which isn't hers/his anyway.

and where's Stig's review?

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Feb 2008 11:52:19 GMT
Roger says:
Just got the following reply from Amazon following my complaint about last night's abuse

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk.

I can confirm that we are looking into this issue as a matter of
urgency.

We do endevour to remove any abusive or threatening comments, and
are monitoring the reviews and of course the discussion forum.

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Warmest regards

James
Customer Service
Amazon.co.uk

In other words, the usual procrastination and a failure to respond to my request that they remove this book from their lists. Don't they realise the damage that this is causing to their reputation? I find it incredible that they can't get it round their corporate heads that Tino/Georgio/Brendan are taking them for a very long ride

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Feb 2008 12:07:15 GMT
CJ says:
What I don't understand is why Amazon keep allowing people who have made really offensive and obscene comments to keep posting. Yes, they delete their posts but then they pop up again under the same id (Derek Hall being one) with more filth. Of course its obviously too easy to create a new name but Bookworm and Derek and various others have been repeat offenders. I think that just one obscene and threatening comment should be enough for Amazon to ban them altogether. Trouble is of course they would then re-emerge as someone else and we'd have to start all over again..... Oh how tiring!

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Feb 2008 12:15:23 GMT
Last edited by the author on 27 Feb 2008 12:16:44 GMT
Deborah says:
I feel the same way CJ. Their reviews are allowed to stand, they are able to recommend the book elsewhere on the site, they are able to submit other reviews and they are allowed to continue to post here. And that's all in spite of this:

"As you can imagine, 'The Fates' is being very closely monitored at
this point in time.

We have removed the offending comments, and any person making
threatening or abusive comment will be removed from our website."

from Amazon on 13th Feb.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Feb 2008 12:19:59 GMT
Last edited by the author on 27 Feb 2008 12:47:13 GMT
Stig says:
Sadly one can only come to the conclusion that it is the length of time it takes Amazon to sort this out that makes doing it so worthwhile to the perpetrators and will ensure it is repeated in the future
This is what I received yesterday

''Thank you for writing to Amazon.co.uk.
We appreciate the effort you have made in writing a review of this item and we deeply regret that the report abuse button was used to remove a valid review.

The report abuse button is a necessary feature of our website. Unfortunately in this instance it has been misused.
At this time we are unable to protect individual customer reviews however we are constantly looking at ways to increase the functionality of our website and this issue may be dealt with in the future. I have notified the relevant department that this is a sight feature we should look at improving.''
and
''We would like to thank you for your participation in Amazon.co.uk customer reviews.
Please allow me to apologise for any frustration this matter has
caused you.

Considering your review was previously agreed by us to be within our
guidelines, we willl be happy to post it up again should you re-
submit it.

Alternatively, if you provide us with the review title, we could
find the review which has already been taken down and put it back up.

Thank you for your patience in this matter.''

Well it's12.38pm now so to say I'm not very impressed would be an understatement.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Feb 2008 13:01:56 GMT
Deborah says:
Head office next then?

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Feb 2008 13:14:02 GMT
Last edited by the author on 27 Feb 2008 13:30:38 GMT
Flubu says:
Surprisingly it's an earlier version of my review that's back up, from almost 2 weeks ago, and one that is even more critical of the book! I assume it had been marked as abusive by our friend, been reviewed by Amazon and has just now re-appeared. Hopefully, it will stay put this time.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Feb 2008 13:20:24 GMT
Flubu says:
Good to see that it's just the abusive comments that are being removed - I was concerned that the thread would disappear in its entirety (as with previous ones) but hopefully Amazon are now being more selective. Presumably it was our friend's intention to have this discussion removed by flooding it with abuse, as it sheds too much light on his previous activities.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Feb 2008 13:53:57 GMT
Stig says:
Deborah is there an address or e-mail for Head Office?

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Feb 2008 13:55:46 GMT
CJ says:
I think you must be right about him wanting to get the whole thread removed - was wondering why he would go so OTT when he must know he will be deleted by Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Feb 2008 13:58:06 GMT
Last edited by the author on 27 Feb 2008 14:01:23 GMT
Stig says:
Yes Flubu,for anyone reading through and following up the info. it paints a pretty clear picture.and CJ you're right ,I think it's a tactic that's served him well in the past and isn't working so well here.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Feb 2008 14:03:17 GMT
Last edited by the author on 27 Feb 2008 14:03:40 GMT
Boof says:
Hey, just a thought - maybe that wasn't an earthquake that woke us all up last night, maybe it was actually Brandon Devereux and all his Shepherds "striking down upon us with great vengeance and furious anger".

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Feb 2008 14:26:42 GMT
I thought I would see what had been happening with the discussions here. I can't believe that the various alter egos of Tino and his "numerous" fans are persisting in their tactics. I admire you all for your persistence in digging out the truth of what's going on.

The funny thing is that this has spurred me on to ensure that I now give brutally honest reviews for anything that I purchase here whether I like it or not. So I think that one of the aims of the abuse has woefully backfired.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Feb 2008 16:02:08 GMT
Last edited by the author on 27 Feb 2008 16:02:35 GMT
Stig says:
Or the faint sound of an almighty tantrum far away in America Boof
I've had a reply from James in cs in answer to an extremely cross e-mail I sent earlier today.Apparently the reason reviews take such a long time to go up ,(or back up,)here is that all reviews submitted to this forum are being checked through specially.Presumably for plagiarism,identity fraud,threats,abuse etc.etc.Must be a full time job

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Feb 2008 16:36:22 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 27 Feb 2008 16:58:04 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Feb 2008 16:46:55 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 27 Feb 2008 16:58:04 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Feb 2008 16:59:44 GMT
Deborah says:
address/e-mail for amazon? apparently not!

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Feb 2008 17:30:29 GMT
Roger says:
Why have Amazon deleted the posts from Deborah and myself? Only reason I can think of is that we both included addresses for people to write to.

I also posted my latest email to Amazon, so here it is again:

I'm sorry James, but that wasn't my question. You all know as well as I do
that all these abusive and threateningcomments and fake reviews are being
submitted by the author of this book, Tino Georgiou (or one of his other
pseudonyms). His book has been removed from other Amazon sites and his page
has been deleted fro0m Wikipedia because he has copied his biography from
another author.

This man is a con man who has been conducting a very nasty marketing
campaign designed to fool people into buying his appaling book and
threatening and abusing anyone who dares to point this out. Moreover, he is
using your company as his tool to carry out this campaign and making a
mockery of your Customer Review system.

Why is it, therefore, that in these circumstances, you are still offering
the book for sale?

Perhaps Amazon didn't like that either

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Feb 2008 17:53:16 GMT
Boof says:
Can you try posting the addresses again? I must have missed that.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Fates forum
Participants:  25
Total posts:  318
Initial post:  25 Feb 2008
Latest post:  17 Oct 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions