Customer Discussions > The Fates forum

Is Tino Georgiou the same person as Giorgio Kostantinos?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 301-318 of 318 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 27 Mar 2008 22:45:45 GMT
Stig says:
I 've always assumed that 'The fates' was removed because of a similar situation to this one ,I suppose you would have to ask one of the US reviewers involved at the time.No-one seems to be making any fuss about 'Circe's song' on the Amazon site.Either people aren't buying it or aren't bothering to review it or the reviews are being removed without protest.If it isn't selling then yes,I expect it will reappear in another incarnation,especially as there is some consternation about it on other sites.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Mar 2008 23:15:21 GMT
Misfit says:
Interesting, and it's listed as for sale by Amazon and not by a private seller. I'm not sure how they picked up on it, but what's odd is that it's never popped up on my recommended reads from Amazon and I do stray into historical romance on occasion so you'd think it would have popped up at least once.

Here's a spot to post at US where you might get some input, the Romance Discussions. There are several romance author who participate on the threads regularly so you might get something interesting going,

http://www.amazon.com/tag/romance/forum/ref=cm_cd_dp_rt_tft_fp/002-5252214-5336844?%5Fencoding=UTF8&cdForum=FxM42D5QN2YZ1D

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Mar 2008 11:20:57 GMT
Stig says:
thanks Misfit

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Mar 2008 14:52:40 GMT
So, if Amazon have delisted The Fates in the States, why is it still for sale in the UK? I have just checked the US site, and it only shows two second hand copies for sale. There is nowhere to click to buy a copy from Amazon (though Circe's Song is available).

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Mar 2008 15:35:16 GMT
Stig says:
Your guess is as good as mine.Perhaps keeping this one up prevents 'Circe's song', or any other incarnation of 'The fates', appearing.I presume that in the States 'Circe's song' only went up for sale after 'The Fates' had been removed and it must have been a bit inconvenient for Tino when the second hand ones started appearing again especially as I don't suppose the author earns any money from those.
Mind you,think of all the books I could be buying if I wasn't spending all my time on Amazon doing this!

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Mar 2008 15:45:11 GMT
Me too, were I not constantly worrying at Amazon to reinstate my review which appears and disappears like magic.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Mar 2008 16:11:23 GMT
Last edited by the author on 28 Mar 2008 16:13:33 GMT
Deborah says:
I agree, Stig - I think that he thought The Fates had disappeared for good from .com so got Circe's Song on pdq, then The Fates came back 2nd hand. He came up with the 'abna entry stuck in limbo' excuse, but I think he's just in the embarrassing position of having one book with two titles, published by two different self-publishing companies and under two different names.

There was a thread on the US discussion forum that said why The Fates disappeared from .com - I'll try and find it.

Hope the missing review comes back up soon Avid Reader.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Mar 2008 17:28:49 GMT
Roger says:
I am beginning to wonder whether our mad friend has come up with another pathetic tactic - develop a new ID who appears to agree with us

Perhaps I have had a long day or maybe this whole charade is turning me into a very suspicious person but I think you may get my drift.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Mar 2008 17:43:04 GMT
Boof says:
I do Roger. I've had the same long day you've had and the very same thing crossed my mind. Huge appologies if we're wrong but this whole debacle appears to be sending us all as nutty as Tino.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Mar 2008 17:44:56 GMT
CJ says:
It was my very first reaction. Something about the tone...... I agree with Roger and Boof.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Mar 2008 17:55:08 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 28 Mar 2008 23:13:17 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Mar 2008 22:31:40 GMT
Flubu says:
My wife had the exact same response initially. The way things have gone, it's easy to be suspicious of all new posters - especially if they use Americanisms - but she strikes me as genuine. I think Tino would be straining his limited creativity to come up with a character that slates himself so convincingly.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Mar 2008 23:15:34 GMT
Boof says:
I have deleted as promised just incase you're right, Flubu.

Now I'm curious as to who you're wife was who we were suspicious of? :-)

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Mar 2008 23:26:25 GMT
Deborah says:
Sorry Flubu - misread that and thought for a moment that it was your wife who struck you as genuine (though glad to hear it of course!)

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Mar 2008 06:14:08 GMT
Roger says:
I'm still not convinved it's genuine. I've dropped her an email (that's Amy, not Flubu's wife)so we should find out when she goes into work on Monday. That fruitcake is capable of anything.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Apr 2008 10:21:35 BDT
Flubu says:
Thanks Mark (not Twain) for starting this discussion. Time to bring it - and the rest of the valid discussions - back to the top.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Apr 2008 18:04:46 BDT
CJ says:
And again.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Oct 2011 05:32:17 BDT
The same suggestion about reading TG's "The Fates" was made during an Amazon.com review of Harris' "The Ghost." A form of free advertising?
‹ Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Fates forum
Participants:  25
Total posts:  318
Initial post:  25 Feb 2008
Latest post:  17 Oct 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions