'...a critical introduction that...could scarcely be better...an admirable edition of Shakespeare and Middleton's challenging collaberative play.'
--Shakespeare Quarterly (2009)
From the Back Cover
The Arden Shakespeare is the established scholarly edition of Shakespeare's plays. Now in its thirs series, Arden offers the best in contemporary scholarship. Each volume guides you to a deeper understanding and appreciation of Shakespeare's work.
This edition of Twelfth Night provides:
- A clear and authoritative text, edited to the highest standards of scholarship.
- Detailed notes and commentary on the same page as the text.
- A full, illustrated introduction to the play's historical, cultural and performance context.
- An in-depth survey of critical approaches to the poems.
- A full index to the introduction and notes.
- A select bibliography of references and further reading.
With a wealth of helpful and incisive commentary, The Arden Shakespeare is the finest edition of Shakespeare you can find.