on 7 May 2014
I've had various models of the Timex dual display range. This model is slightly dated now in that it has been around for a good 10 years, however the only limitation is that the countdown timer can only go up to 99 minutes 59 seconds. This is a shame as I often use the countdown timer for flights as I find it hard to track how much of the flight is left when trying to factor in time-zone changes and not always remembering exactly when we took off.
This is a heavy watch, but I actually like that. The black bezel and styling give the watch a slightly military feel, but classy too (at least in my opinion).
With other dual display watches, the digital display is often too small, but this one, as with all the Timex dual display range, has good sized digits and is very easy to read. The backlight could be a little brighter but it's basically fine. The T5K399SU version which I previously had is definitely better in respect of the backlight and the digital display is even easier to read, however I much prefer the styling of the model on this page.

The only downside to this and all of the Ironman Dual Display range is the resin strap; I have owned 4 of these, maybe 5 (various versions) and the resin strap always gives up first after about 18months - 2 years. That aside, after 10 years, I have still not found a better watch of this dual display variety so I return time and again to the Timex range.
on 12 February 2012
I bought this watch in November. It looks good on the website. but when you get it, it is quite heavy & bulky. The digital face is not bright enough. It has limited functionality compared to some of Timex's newest digital watches. 3 months later the pin hiolding the strap snapped- it is a thin link for such a heavy watch & strap. Should be more robust. Spend your money on something else.
on 3 July 2014
I bought this to replace a previous model I had for 8 years, the strap was integral to the watch on that one, on this one it is seperate, as the reason for replacing it was that the strap broke thats good. It's a little heavier than the old model and well made, it looks stylish on, more like a diving watch than a running one, it is a little heavy for that. The glass is mineral and seems to hold up against scratches better than the old model. As an everyday wear/casual watch I would definatley buy it again.
on 26 October 2010
This is a watch and a half !!! Buy it if you are a proper bloke !! Big and easy to use and not the normal "plastic" feel. Big metal watch.
on 30 March 2016
Great watch, I love the dual view on it. I switch it from analogue to digital after work. The indiglo is more than bright enough only thing that would be cool is if the hands could have glow indicators so you could tell the analogue time at night. My first Timex and I love it.
on 15 December 2015
Great color, weight, and the features I was looking for in a stopwatch. Finally, a watch that can assist a coaching lifestyle.

See one answered question