Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn more Shop now Shop now

on 3 August 2014
I purchased this watch some four years ago. And its still ticking. Apart from a few scratch's and a strap showing some wear. It is by far the best watch I have ever purchased. Its used ever single day and has never skipped a beat. So I would like to recommend this watch as the best all round performer in my book. It's good value for money and I believe will last another four years with no problem. Unless the battery needs changing.
on 12 January 2012
Bought for my 7 year old son, as first 'proper' watch (ie not as a toy). He loves it, good quality, good strap, easy to read, typical quality Timex, at a good price. Highly recommended.
on 28 November 2014
I bought this watch 3 years ago, wear it daily, and it has been never let me down.

Waterproof:
I use it while yachting and dinghy sailing, and it has been thoroughly soaked on most of those occasions without a problem. I even wear it in the shower (the strap soaks up water, though, so your shirt cuff will get wet later). The face has never misted up.

Easy to read:
The large black numbers and hands are very clear against the white dial, even in poor light and rough conditions; and the luminescent hands help in even poorer light. When it gets too dark to see the dial, there is an indiglo backlight that illuminates the whole face. You switch it on by holding in the silver button (at 3 o'clock - the light stays on as long as you hold in the button), so even in the dead of night, you can check the time without needing to switch on a lamp or torch. It is not so bright, though, that it will destroy your night-vision, which is great if you're on watch in the dead of night. I have searched for other watches with such an easy-to-read dial, and have not yet found one.

I've not yet needed to replace the battery, despite generous use of the backlight! It's expected lifetime is 10 years.

In completely silent conditions, the second hand ticks surprisingly audibly, but under normal conditions you will never hear it.

Just in case it's important to you, I should mention that there is no stopwatch function on this watch, and no alarm function.

There are two very minor niggles with the watch, for me at least:
1. The date display is hard for my eyes to read in poor light (and you have to advance the date at the end of months that are not 31 days long (pull out the silver button half a stop and rotate it - pulling it out the whole way is for adjusting the hands));
2. The velcro clasp is great at securing the watch to your wrist (it's infinitely adjustable, unlike a buckle), but there are two parts to the strap: the grey part secures the watch face to the main black strap, and on my watch, that grey fabric has stretched; so that while the watch is completely secure, the face itself flops around slightly, above the main strap. It's not a problem, but it doesn't look so smart. I am surprised that some reviewers find the strap not to be long enough. They must have extremely thick wrists!

Overall, this is an excellent, durable watch that packs a lot of well-thought-out design into a low price.
on 23 July 2013
On holiday I mix boating, cycling and socialising. This watch is robust enough for the energetic activities and smart enough for the others. I bought it to to place a Casio model that was (I think) destined for the same market sector but did not 'look the part'. The Timex does - I would recommend it for adult use. Comments in other reviews about the length of the strap baffle me; it seems entirely adequate in my case.
on 18 June 2012
I purchased this watch for my 10 year old son. We are both delighted with it. He is especially pleased with the backlit face for use in the dark. I notice that some of the other reviews discussed the short length of the strap for an adult. I'm not sure that this watch was ever intend for use by someone other than a child. In this case, an excellent purchase at a good price.
on 1 July 2010
As someone who has purchased Timex watches for decades I have been confident about purchasing any Timex product. However, this is the first time I have cause for complaint. I have purchased two Expedition watches from older ranges in the past, one is a leather buckles trap, and the other had a (it got killed recently) colourful velcro strap. Both men's watches, both with sensible lengths for the straps. This watch however has a ridiculously short strap for a men's watch. The leather tab on the strap end only just contacts the velcro hooks around my wrist, and my wrist isn't huge at all. In fact, the strap is so short it fits around my wife's wrist without reams of strap...it is basically a woman's length strap.

I don't know what Timex are playing at but shortening the straps like this is, quite frankly, idiotic. The watch comes in its own case, with its own cushion, a thick, although small, manual, covering different models and in other languages. The detail is there, except for this peculiarly short strap.

So, for the first time in decades I would honestly think twice about buying a Timex again. Strikes me as penny pinching, or bad design, or both.
on 21 April 2014
Very clear face easy to see. I like the blue light by pressing button to see time in the dark. Smart looking although I suspect fabric strap will lose its pristine lookbover time.
For a tall man, I have a fairly small wrist and the size of the watch and length of strap is more than ideal for me but I can see that someone with an unusually thick wrist might have a problem with it.
Not used in water yet so can't comment on water resistance
on 8 May 2011
I have recently purchased this watch & for the money its fine.I bought it for work as I'm a carpenter & joiner & i dont want to damage an expensive watch so far so good---- although the velcrow strap is to short i have no complaints. the velcro strap also collects all the dust but this is not designed for the workshop! so i can't complain. perhaps timex have missed out on an area? watches for the workshop--shockproof dustproof waterproof hammerproof & easy to see for old boys like me who cant see to well these days. or maybe they have and I'm unaware of it, answers on a post card please!ps there could be a bombproof one I know nouthing about!
on 7 December 2010
In response to the previous review, this item has come up in my search for a boy's watch, which would explain why the strap is short. It needs to make this more clear to customers.
on 22 February 2014
This watch is one of the best value on the market. It has a simple, easy to view design with one of the best lighting systems there is. For the price I cannot think of a better purchase.

I own several watches (including high-end names) and this I use as my day-to-day watch. It is good looking and it's straight forward, simple design mean it is elegant enough to wear with any outfit. It's rugged and waterproof, so I don't need to worry about what I'm doing with it. I simply put it on and go.

The strap is durable and easy to put on and wear. That said, the size of the watch itself makes it very comfortable. Some watches can be too big and chunky or too small to be seen. This one gets it right.

Being ex-military, with a good few years experience, this would make an ideal watch for Exercise or Operations.