on 1 June 2011
Great watch, good looker, Masculine feel. Mine lost its adjusting knob for time and date which stopped it working completely after only 4 months. On contacting the vendor, they referred me to Timex directly for warranty issues. This is a known problem with this model and they have a fix for it! Timex has been very good in taking it back to affect a repair. Amazon were also great in offering a refund if that was my choice of action. I await to receive it back - hopefully soon, as I am now watchless. Thanks for reading my review.
on 8 October 2012
I have used this particular model of watch for over 2 years wearing it on a daily basis. Unfortunately I have had to return it for replacement with a with a new watch 6 or 7 times (lost count). I eventually gave up, admitted defeat, and got my money back! This was a shame because when it is working it is a great watch. I really like its looks, and found all the features were really useful when walking or sailing. The problem is that after 2 or 3 months there would be a shift in the direction that the compass and temperature needle pointed to of either 90 degrees or on one occasion 180 degrees. Given the number of times I experienced this same problem occurring with 6 or 7 different watches it suggested a fundamental weakness in the product. I am not aware that the watch was exposed to any odd magnetic fields.
on 29 July 2013
Its been a long time since I owned a Timex watch, in fact the last Timex I owned was in secoundary school nearly 30 years
ago.

So when my current watch packed up I looked around for a replacement there was plenty to choice, but it was an easy
one to make as soon as I came across the Timex Expedition E-Tide Temp Compass Watch T2N721SU my mind was made
up, I had to have it.

Packed full of features but with a less is more styling you got the normal hands hours, minutes and seconds, a forth
hand is used for the rest of the features ie: compass, tempreture and tide time which all work well once set up and the
whole face lights up for about 5 seconds for night use.

There is one minor issue and that is the date section is rather small and the same gose for the temp and tide scales are
a bit on the small side considering the size of the face, other than this it is a very easy to use watch and a very nice looking with a very soft but heavy duty leather strap and a all stainless steel case and back and a scratch proof crystal
face that is as heavy duty as they come.

But the best part is the price at £67.50 its just over £90 off the retail price you cant go wrong as its a lot of watch for a
small amount of money.

I highly recomend this watch to anyone who likes outdoor adventure or anyone who just want a good looking watch.
on 1 October 2011
Well I must say I was a little conscious given the other reviews here but the features were exactly what I was after so thought I'd give it a go. I have to say I was not disappointed! The watch looks good, backlight is great (even better than my last indiglo) and so far no problems at all.
To get the watch set up is daunting to start as the instructions are big, but that said, when I actually read them I set the watch up in about 15 mins. Time is easy to set, the compass was very easy and the tide setting (out came my tide tables) made sense too.
The only other part to mention is the strap, there is plenty of adjustment here and it is certainly not flimsy - think the terms chunky pretty much sums the whole watch up. Very Happy.

Followup - 18months later
So I still love this watch, it has been brilliant no problems at all and it gets lots of use - the only problem is the strap loops have broken this month so i need a new strap. Apart from that Really happy - and i found a new original strap for £15.
on 16 January 2011
Loved it from the start, last November; all well until 28 February date-change.
The winding knob does three things: push in to illuminate; pull part-way out to set date; pull fully out to set time.
It's fiddly and frustrating and, this time, the knob pulled right out! It went back in, and still seemed to work, but I imagine the water resistance was compromised.
Returned to Amazon as faulty. Very happy with returns process.
Dilemma: get a replacement and tiptoe round it, or walk away sadder and wiser?
on 21 January 2011
I received my watch today and after some fiddling i have to say that this is a truly fantastic watch, in many reviews that i had read they said that the indiglo nite-lite was really bad on the black faced versions which led me to the white one. ( I also think it looks a lot more classy) however from what i have seen so far the nite-lite is fantastic, the whole face lights up with an enhanced ring for the temperature.

the compass from what i have seen with my proper silva compass is farely accurate aswell. Setting the tides couldnt be easier either.

Overall a very simple to use watch and unique aswell. Its the only expedition watch that i have managed to find that isnt digital.

So would i suggest other people buy it?

Do you like gadgets? buy it
Are you a watersports enthusiast? buy it
Are you an outdoor sports instructor working in a centre based environment? buy it
Do you want a smart looking watch? buy it.
Do you want to use it on hill days? not bad but there are better.

So overall my opinion is that i love it, cant find anything drastically wrong only found one tiny fault with it and thats that the second hand is just marginally off from the markings but if thats all thats wrong with it then hey who am i to complain?
on 25 July 2014
This watch EVENTUALLY arrived...!! In a little red box and nothing else. The first thing is that its pretty 'large' infact too large in my opinion to wear on your wrist. I was under the impression that it was'nt too large ....There is a lot of complicated data on the watch owing to it being E-tide Expedition compass watch etc....In the sales blurb it was advertised with a GPS ..... though I could not locate any GPS and the compass settings was ominous.. Beginning to calibrate this compass was simply a nightmare owing to no instructions and several buttons round the sides all moving the compass pointer within a margin of movemnent. For me there is far too much data and not enough straight forwardness.. I would state that those who are technically minded may have some success after a while of messing with this watch...but its not a gadget for the faint hearted...
on 29 November 2014
I bought this watch for sailing & hill walking. I found it a pain to set up, with poor instructions. The compass remained pretty accurate, but the tides needed setting every week & the temperature mode only told me the temp of my wrist unless I removed the watch for an hour before.

After 3 months the NESW decals peeled off, the strap loops broke & the winder broke off. I returned the watch & Timex told me the repairs weren't covered under the warranty, but they would send me a new watch for £25.

The new watch lasted longer (2 years), but again the strap is broke, the decals have peeled off & the compass, tide & temp don't work.
on 22 August 2013
I bought the watch for my husband,he is very pleased with it.Everything works great even the tide is acurate.We went for timex as it is a good product and company that has been around for a long time.
on 30 March 2013
I have had this watch for a few years now and thought i would write a review for this watch. I bought this watch to for shooting and fishing as i needed a less expensive and a less of a dress watch for these activities. I never intended to go sailing or even care about tide times as inland carp fishing pools have no ebb or flow! This is just a strong work horse of a watch! A quality watch which has good illumination, robust case and a leather strap that improves with age! I always bought watches with a well regarded name and would look good in a board room but this watch is my pair of slippers which i wear for more days than any of my others. This watch has been in all extremes of weathers bashed and treated as an accessory to country life it still looks good and works perfectly. Its my donkey in a stable of thoroughbreds but it is my favourite!