Customer Discussions > Red Dead Redemption (PS3) forum

Timesplitters like games for PS3

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 23 Jun 2010 23:10:35 BDT
A. Gyani says:
I have just bought a PS3 and whilst I really enjoy the Call of Duty FPS's , I remember the Timesplitter games for the PS2, and was wondering whether there is something similar that I buy?

Thanks in advance!

Posted on 23 Jul 2010 15:26:19 BDT
robconquer says:
LOVED the Timesplitters series! =)
Unfortunately Free Radical who developed the games has since gone bust which is a shame as there WAS a 4th Timesplitters game planned. I can't think of many shooters since which have matched its arcadey style, most shooters these days strive towards realism. All I can think of to recommend is the Bioshock series. It's a lot darker in tone to Timesplitters which at times was somewhat light-hearted and humorous, but it's got a great supernatural storyline, eccentric characters and most importantly solid gameplay and pacing.
Bioshock 2 also has a decent online multiplayer mode which is reminiscent to that of TS2. You can find both games pretty cheap here on Amazon.
Hope this helps.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Aug 2010 01:30:37 BDT
free radical are back, but now called crytek UK, AND TIMESPLITTERS 4 MIGHT COME OUT, yeah, apparently itll come out when the gaming world needs a game like it

Posted on 25 May 2011 23:07:59 BDT
Mark Boyes says:
I'm enjoying "Brink" which doesn't have the same sense of humour as Timesplitters but has similar goofy character design, and never lets logic or plot get in the way of back-to-basics shoot 'em up fun (like changing your skill-set mid session, which makes no sense at all).

Posted on 23 Jun 2012 16:43:27 BDT
I just read that Timesplitters 4 is to be announced SOON!:) I also hope they bring the other timesplitters to ps3 & Xbox 360!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xab089e58)

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  23 Jun 2010
Latest post:  23 Jun 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Red Dead Redemption (PS3)
Red Dead Redemption (PS3) by Take 2 Interactive (PlayStation 3)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (361)