A new edition of this popular atlas from the prestigious and authoritative Times Atlas range. This fifth edition is 56 pages larger than the fourth with new sections showing the latest satellite images and fascinating historical images. It has been brought fully up-to-date to provide a detailed and attractive picture of today’s world.
This fifth edition of The Times Reference Atlas of the World reflects today's world with a beautifully illustrated section on contemporary themes from environment to population growth. Fully up-to-date reference maps give exceptional detail helping you explore the world.
The atlas contains an extra 56 pages with a stunning section of the latest satellite images from around the world and historical mapping from the archives.
The detailed reference maps have been completely updated to provide accurate, accessible and attractive coverage of the whole world. The 46 city plans of the world’s major cities, showing major places of interest, have also been revised. The introductory section gives a detailed profile of today’s world and covers major geographical and global issues through maps, images, statistics and graphics. A comprehensive guide to the world’s states and territories including flags, profiles and key facts, make this the ideal reference atlas for home, school or office.
• 104 pages of authoritative mapping of the whole world
• Plans of 46 of the world’s major cities
• Geographical reference section with flags, statistics and facts for the world’s states and territories
• Statistics and world maps on major geographical themes, including earthquakes, population, cities, climate and the environment
• The latest images of the earth from space
• Historical mapping of the world from 1858 to the present day
• Index to over 45,000 place names
The Times Reference Atlas was the best-selling atlas in the UK in 2011.