Format: Paperback|Change

on 22 July 2013
Even my nutritionist who knows just about all there is to know says it would be one of her desert island books. Some amazing information in there and the liver detox will change your life. It's not easy but well worth it for the health benefits and loss of aches, pains & constant discomfort. With each detox the results have been increasingly improved health. It'll change your outlook on smoking and other addictions too. The best investment you'll ever make in your health (and I'm a sick person poisoned by my metal amalgam fillings)!
on 22 November 2009
This is the first review I've ever written because Timeless Secrets is so worthy of a top review and a five star rating.

The book is huge (and I mean HUGE) and is packed full of incredible information that you are unlikely to learn elsewhere - at least, not in the same place. I learned more from this book in the first 40 pages than I've learned in a lifetime - and I've been on this earth for 65 years now!

With leanings towards the Ayurvedic tradition, Andreas Moritz focuses much on what we eat, explaining just why eating meat is so bad for our digestion and how our bodies are not designed to digest what he so rightly refers to as 'cadaver'. I have been a meat eater all my life and have been suffering the consequences with severe digestive disorders.

The most important thing I discovered from this book was my body type. Knowing this, we can follow the author's guidelines on what is best to eat for our particular type and what to avoid. Even though I believed I had been eating healthily for the last few years, I was eating much of what was on my 'avoid' list, even though it was healthy food for other body types. Since following this regime, I can already notice a big difference in how I feel.

Mr Moritz also shows us an ingenious way of 'muscle testing'(Applied Kinesiology) ourselves if we have no-one else to test us. Knowing this secret, we are able to test all food, drink, pills, etc. and our bodies will respond to them either negatively or positively. I've had a few surprises myself - for example, my 'banana a day' is no longer in my diet ... although it may be necessary in yours.

But these things are just a very tiny tip of the iceberg that you'll learn from this very amazing book. It is packed full of useful information that I can forever refer to for maintaining perfect health. This is why I call it 'My Health Bible' because I know I'll never need to purchase another health related book. Everything we need to know about how to enjoy perfect health is within its pages.

To your good health!
on 1 June 2009
quite a book and being a nutritionist I found it OK to read but may be heavy going if you were new to these concepts. Very well worth the money and I keep dipping in to find more gems!
on 22 February 2010
This is the most informative and detailed book about health and the miraculous workings of the body I have ever read. Also, Andreas Moritz's website is brilliant and packed with information, plus interviews with him.
on 16 August 2014
Lots of good advice and information in this book. Goes on a bit. He quotes lots of research but doesn't back it up with a reference list at the end. That for me doesn't help with my understanding of the book because I can't refer back to the original research and read it myself.
on 27 December 2012
Very good buy, another excellent book I bought from Anderas Moricz. Amazing information, a must for those who genuinely looking for the knowledge about the health and natural healing. I recommend to everyone.
on 29 January 2013
Well, I read it from cover to cover. Twice! Andreas Moritz, who died last October at the comparatively young age of 58 without any warning beforehand, or cause of death ever being published since -as at late January 2013- (which frankly makes me very suspicious as to the cause of his death) makes out several cases for for avoiding vaccines, meat, alcohol,night-shifts, fluoroidated water and toothpastes, deodorants, aspirin, blood transfusions, sun screen products, amalgam fillings and any drug prescribed by the medical profession, etc., etc. He also rips into almost all the foods I have been eating for the last 60 years, plus a good deal of the liquid refreshments I have consumed. Hardly any food, it seems, is digestible to our frail systems.

That said, much of what he writes DOES make sense. Much of what he writes is also well known and has been for years, although he is a little 'thin' on back-up on some of his later theories/facts. I would have rather he had stuck with the ones where independent research had taken place that complement his conclusions. I am also uneasy about the various organ flushes he recommends. It appears that you can flush toxins and stones out of various organs and find they MAY get stuck in your colon. As a past sufferer of diverticular disease I must say that the idea of a flush of any sort fills me with some trepidation. Referring to all meat (fish, fowl and quadrupedic) as 'putrescence' while banging the vegan drum - hence the title of this piece - does Moritz no favours in my mind, particularly while the cause of his own early demise is hidden from us.

I would wholeheartedly agree with Moritz that the drug companies and processed food companies are the Enemies of Mankind, but that is hardly 'Breaking News' to anyone that doesn't totally rely on the Media (another Enemy of Mankind) as their sole source of information for what is going on in the world.

I am not sorry that I read this book but I think you have to stand back and think about what is written without getting too sucked in as you read along. If the facility existed I would have rated this as 3.5 stars rather than the 3 I have given. I was a little disappointed in this book after reading 'Cancer Is NOT A Disease' by the same author which IMHO is a much better-written book. One inalienable fact remains though, we as individuals need to take responsibility for what we put in our mouths or rub on our skin.
on 6 April 2009
This is a great read and really opens your eyes to how important your diet is. If you're thinking of doing the Liver Flush from Andreas other book 'The amazing Liver and Gallbladder flush' then my advice is don't buy both books but buy this one instead. It includes a chapter on how to do the flush which along with medical advice will be enough to get going.

The book has an excellent chapter about back pain and how a bad diet can have long terms knock on effects - have to say I could relate to everything in there and a subsequent liver flush did offer some improvement in my back pain.

All that said there is only one thing with this book that is a shame - given it makes some very bold statements some of which fly in the face of longstanding dietary advice I would like to see a bibliography and references to the medical journals which would give some of these statements more credit.

All in all a great book, especially worth a try if you've been suffering from back pain and have also been diagnosed with a disease of the intestine such as colitis, diverticulitus etc. It's working well for me but suggest you would want to seek advice of your GP/Dietician before doing the Liver flush though.
on 27 March 2013
I'm a spiritual person interested in holistic medicine.
This book is full of useful truths and questions the use of most medications with good reason.
It looks at the natural healing power of our bodies.
It will change your opinion on the truth about what causes disease and illness.
A fascinating must read!
on 15 September 2011
Andreas Moritz has devoted a lifetime to understanding the mind, body and spirit. His information is often substantiated with hard core facts, sometimes it is mere opinion, probably obtained through his own personal and empirical study. I would reccomend Timeless Secrects of Health & Rejuvination if you are a Practitioner, Doctor, Parent or a person with a health concern. Go on Do your life differently.