on 17 November 2010
I ordered this sash belt as I walk my dog each night and I needed something that was reflective so that cars etc. would see me. Well, I've just returned from my first walk, in the rain, and it's done the job. I've tried hi-vis vests but they get wet and take ages to dry. I just had to take this off, wipe off the rain drops ready for tomorrow.
on 6 February 2011
I bought this as an xmas present for my husband and he was so pleased with it as he cycles to work 6 days a week. However, it broke in the first week of using. (It looked like it hadn't been stiched properly) Sent it back and they were fantastic! They hadn't had any other problems so looks like it was a one off. Amazon and 'Time to run ltd' were brill so my husband is back on his bike with his cycling sash and so far so good!!!!!!
I purchased this safety item to carry with me when I go out of an evening or night and especially in poor weather, e.g., heavy rain. My wet weather clothing is mostly dark in colour and it has no reflective surfaces that would highlight my presence to car drivers (say). Recently during a spell of heavy rain, I was walking through my home town and I felt a car's wing mirror touch me as it approached from the rear. I heard it approach but with the presence of shop lighting all around me, my presence may not have been obvious to the driver. I purchased the Sam Browne belt for my own safety. I have also purchased a set of 'clip-on' reflectors too, which I can attach to coat straps, cuffs, etc.

When I think about being seen at night I automatically think of "Sam Browne", which uses an effective, reflective, belt design that must be decades old. The SB belt is not often seen worn by walkers but they are a common sight on bicyclists. I don't see the need for the distinction. Personal safety ought to be high on everyones list for staying alive. Be seen, be bright!
on 19 December 2010
Pros: very shiny, adjustable, and cheaper than others out there
Cons: One side is black, so that if it accidentally turns, you lose a lot of detectability at night!
I would say just spend the money for a higher quality one. It is also rather plasticky and smelled like chemicals when I first took it out of the packaging (though the smell is gone now)
on 16 November 2011
I bourght this Time to Run reflective sash because last year it was the only suitable one on Amazon. I have found it to be adaptable in that it's adjustible (even to my frame) and fits over a range of my bulkier winter coats/layers of jumpers (I walk to work and last winter I was up to five layers of clothes)
Unfortunately by the end of last winter I did notice that where it had been folded originally in the packet, tears had started to appear. And although I have started wearing it again this year, it worries me slightly that they may get worse.

So I'm going to shop around a little again before I get my replacement, but to be fair, this is cheap enough that I don't mind too much having to buy another, and also leaves me with good strips of reflective fabric I can use in making my bag and coat better reflective anyway.

In summary - Waterproof and adjustable, just could use being more hardwearing.
on 15 February 2013
I have purchased several similar products to this over the years, both online and from cycle stores. I have always had to pay into the teens of pounds for them and it's never very long before they start to split and crack, which just seems to be a unavoidable design fault with the reflective material used. As this one was priced much more favourably, I expected the same or worse, but in actual fact, ironically it seems to be holding up better than others, possibly partly due to the fact that it's a slimmer band, but also I think because it has fussy backing to it, which although not reflective if it does twist, really seems to have helped make it more robust. I would definitely recommend this product over most others, which are two or three times the price.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 14 March 2014
Bought this to use while running instead of cycling and it does the job perfectly. It makes you very visible. It is easy to snap on too. My only very slight annoyance was that the way the sash is packaged, means when you unpack it for the first time, it has a lot of creases in it which you either have to put up with or somehow 'flatten-out.' I don't think you could iron it because it seems to be made of mostly plastic/melting material. Maybe the creases will fall out with use.
on 8 August 2011
I purchased this item for its intended use, which was to wear whilst riding my motorcycle, however asfter using it 3 times, the stiching began to come loose and it has almost come apart completely.

I have contacted the vendor, with no success, this is a very poor product
on 25 February 2014
As a daily cyclist, and before that a motorcyclist, I'd owned at least two similar belts in the past, and both of them ended up taped and sewn-up multiple times before I finally gave up on them. This sort of reflective material is always fragile and prone to cracking.

But I thought it time to try again as my cheap reflective waistcoat was too flappy and I thought this would also make me look more distinctive in a sea of hi-viz and excessively bright lights.

The first thing I noticed about this one was how narrow it was compared to my previous two.

Being over 6 feet tall and somewhat stout for a cyclist, and wearing this over bulky clothing, before I used it for the second time, I removed the vertical adjustment and sewed and taped it to gain a few inches of slack.

But the material this particular belt is made from is a lot more stiff and fragile than that of the two I previously owned and in spite of always being careful never to fold it when hanging it up, after a month's daily use, I have already had to apply reinforcing tape to where the vertical and horizontal sections join.
on 16 December 2014
I use this for night-time stand-up paddleboarding. It is bright and reflective, but not on both sides as shown in the photo. Only the outside is reflective, and part it rolls/flips sometimes as I move.

Dinging stars because the product sold is not exactly the product pictured.