Price:£95.00+ £4.95 shipping

on 7 September 2013
This is an awesome camera, it does some really high quality HD timelapse videos, especially outdoors. I bought it to make timelapse movies of my business 'at work'. Unfortunately the camera didn't work straight out of the box.

I set up the camera, set the focus to infinity and left it to run for 15 hours. Unfortunately I was really disappointed when I looked at the images to find they were completely out of focus.

I tested various focus settings and realised that the camera was completely set up wrong - it wouldn't take a sharp shot no matter how close or far away the subject was.

I decided to see if I could fix the problem and removed the case from the camera, it's basically a plastic cover over the circuitry inside. The camera inside has a small focus ring around the lens which can be turned. By varying the 'turn' of the focus ring I soon found that the problem was quite simply the factory never set the device up correctly. By adjusting the focus ring inside the device I was able to get a 20/20 very sharp focus. I replaced the cover and the camera has worked perfectly ever since.

Now, a word of caution. I don't recommend this for most, although it did solve the problem for me beautifully. Full HD pictures now. I've probably invalidated my warranty, but I do have a picture-perfect timelapse machine now.

This is a really good camera, colours are vivid, pictures sharp. I'd recommend it to all, I just hope that there aren't too many sent out incorrectly set up. I know I'm not the only one who experienced blurred images...
on 28 November 2012
It did not quite fulfill my expectations but for the price it is worthwhile.
The camera is "battery intensive" and I reckon the power cord is no luxury.
The viewfinder is not very accurate.
If you want to record weatherpatterns, sunrises etc it is great
Also plants developing, building sites . . .
The animal observation department possibly requires the other products of Wingscapes.
on 13 July 2013
Compared to a several users it seems, I was quite happy with my first impressions of this chunky chap - no problems with the field of view first of all - first test was in a workshop, covering progress of a job - got to see everything I needed with the setting at 'infinity', and the camera stationed maybe fifteen feet away; then on a close-up project, set it at 4'focus and actually positioned only about two feet away from the subject, picked up everything nicely. Likewise I had no problem with image quality, nor with light sensitivity - the close-up project was filmed in a shed with only a small roof-window and an open door for illumination, on what started out as a very gloomy and overcast day, and the images were fine throughout the sequence.

However the included software for the making of your movie after taking your captures is very poor - while it does the conversion to movie format quite adequately, it can only deal with 300 frames at a time for conversion - which, if you've filmed a few days' work at 1-minute intervals, means you've got to trudge through the process several times - and then move it into some other movie-software to stitch it all together afterwards. A real shame, but then again it's the taking of the pictures that's the main function of the thing, so I won't detract too much from its overall effectiveness for that...
on 14 December 2012
More robust than the Brinno much larger but gives greater flexibility you can choose to record HD pictures or video and if you choose pictures you can then compile them into a video so best of both worlds - only drawback is no rear display
on 29 March 2013
I had great expectations about this solution but unfortunately it felt short indeed.

All the time-lapse related features are neat, simple to setup, the product itself is bulky and perfect for the outdoor.
There is also a PHENOMENAL feature to allow the camera to stay powered up for a given time to allow wi-fi transfer in case your SD card supports (that is exactly my case with an Eye-fi).

So far this would be a killer product for anyone like me planning on a long-term time-lapse of a construction site.

Unfortunately, despite a couple of nice added features this products fall badly (very badly) on the "just expected".

1. picture quality 3 out of 10
this is absolutely unbelievable. In no light condition this camera is able to get decent quality. I would seriously question the actul 5MP/8MP image sensor.
Pictures at 5mp (native resolution) only seldom reach 1MB in size and with the interpolation they go up to 8MP and then reach 1,5MB.
Just as a comparison, an action camera like the original go pro HD (5MP) gets and output of 2/2,5MB and the resulting image is significantly sharper, better lighted etc

1. field of view (FOV) 1 out of 10
this camera simply is not suitable for construction sites (as it is marketed). the field of view is just ridiculous. In order to get the whole construction site (20x10mt) I had to move the camera FIFTY meters away and detail is just non existent. Again, as a reference, the above mentioned gopro from 5 meters aways lets me see ANYTHING with a huge 170° FOV.

3. light sensitiveness 0 out of 10
this has to be a joke. Indoor use is absolutely impossible to even consider. Not only for the ridiculous FOV but even in broad daylight unless there's a full sunny day there's no chance to capture anything barely usable

To close, to me this is a broken promise.
I think the guys at Wingscapes could easily improve this GREAT product by 1) using a proper image sensor (and it's not about megapixels at all) 2) replace with a proper FOV lens.
Until that happens I suggest you stay away from this product, it creates only frustration.
It's like having a Ferrari with an outstanding car stereo but with max speed limited at 15MPH.
Bummer!