on 9 January 2015
Excellent, I've not tested the waterproof quality of my black Timberland boots, however I would imagine they would be fine.

After some initial difficulty trying to find the best size for my feet I chose the UK size 7 as opposed to my usual 7 1/2. It is clear that the boots are certainly high in quality and comfortable.

In regard to the comfort of the heel, you can feel a raised pad of additional comfort, which is fine for me, however, as some others have written it may not be suitable for you.

I had brought the brown version originally which I preferred due to its silky material and nice colour, however, I returned these as for the relatively high expense I decided the black leather boots were more versatile for nights out, wearing to work with a suit or wearing casually - the possibilities realy are endless! But that is just the minimalist in me trying to reduce the pairs of shoes I own.

Also I would like to add that the grip is very good on the bottom of the sole and also on gripping you foot in position as you walk or run. However, a trade off for this is that it can be hard to get them on, and I almost always have to sit down to put them on, which isn't exactly elegant!

Overall, I would definitely recommend buying these shoes, I shopped around the trendy high street shops before venturing in Timberland and yes they were cheaper, however they were built for fashion and their build quality was poor.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.
on 12 January 2013
I am loving these boots - bought for a work shoe at the office, and are small enough to look good with trousers etc. I've had them for a couple of months and they are holding their looks very well. Very comfortable. Be careful with sizing as it's a bit different - I normally take a size 8, but returned this size for a half size down (7.5). The UK 7.5 boots are stated as a size 8 on box and boot, which is a little confusing... I'll have no hesitation around buying Timberland again (but will bear the odd sizing in mind). One thing to add about Amazon returns service - very impressed! Dealt with quickly and confusion about reason codes sorted without any hassle.
on 5 January 2013
These boots are the most comfortable I've ever worn. The fit is wider than standard boots, and if like me you have wide feet then they are perfect. They ooze quality and this is the second pair I've owned, having worn the soles out on the previous one's !!!! Will definitely be purchasing these boots again in the future.
on 13 March 2016
Good boots and quite comfy. I had the last version of these Timberland boots which, for me, were much better. This new design looks a bit clunky and from the back has the reinforced heel making them look like working boots rather than informal dress boots. The height of the sides has also been shortened by an inch or so; not much, but enough to mean that the bottom of my trousers get caught at the back (and sometimes) the front every single time I get up from a seat or get out of the car, which is very irritating and something I didn't realise until I had worn them for work for a couple of days and it was too late to send them back - or they would have been returned. As soon as I find an alternative boot with bigger sides these are getting relegated to muddy walks in the countryside. Disappointing after the superb boots the previous version were, especially as the previous version was the only reason I bought this new pair.
on 25 December 2012
The quality of the product is excellent!!! I really liked it! And it's my first time to have a boots.
on 7 January 2016
I have these two years. Still comfortable and still waterproof in my city experience of heavy rain, puddles in car parks etc. I bought from Timberland direct not Amazon. I give 4 stars and would give 5 except the look was never great. They scuff or mark easily. Timberland were very good. They replaced them with a new pair and gave me a free waximum but the second pair were the same

I could have got refund but I liked the fit so much I kept them. . I would buy another pair now only for that. It is hard to explain - they look marked like marks in the leather on the toe and that area. You can clean then and waximum them but it comes out again.

I wondered did anyone else have that experience

PS. It was black i bought, maybe marks look worse on black?
on 31 January 2013
Previously I'd had a pair of Camel (brand) boots, and I'd worn them for over 10 years.

Was a bit nervouse changing "brand", especially as I was buying online and not trying them out - BUT, I have to say these are great.

The heel section is very cushioning and these are very comfortable to walk around with.

The dark toe area styling will not please everyone (my children asked if I has sprayed the toes black ! :-)) - but the comfort, sturdyness and good sole more than make up for it!
on 24 February 2015
I already have a pair of brown Timberland boots (5552R) so buying these black ones was a no-brainer for me. Beautiful boots, well made and very comfortable (they have a 'comfort' insole not in the earlier boots), but very slightly larger than the same sized earlier brown pair - not enough to bother about though, and slightly thicker socks will compensate. I love both pairs. Very stylish smart-casual boots. Highly recommended.
on 2 November 2014
Had these for 10 months, worn at work in an office with carpet and already the heels have punctured
on 19 December 2014
Considering size (13.5) and style of the boots, they are too narrow. Also bought them to walk to work in winter and surprisingly the sole is rather slippery. So all in all they seem to be more of a fashion boot, which is not the reason I bought them. Disappointing, as have bought timberland products before and been impressed by durability and practicality.