'Our Amazing World Series' is one of the more wonderful book series I have seen. The author, Kay de Silva, has given us a series to savor. Today, I concentrated on 'Tigers', also known as the Big Cat.

Tigers are amazing creatures, indeed. I have only seen them in person in the zoo. Of course, I have seen them in film and on television. I learned a great deal about tigers from this book, and my granddaughter was fascinated with them.
Here are a few facts I learned, I will leave most of them for you to read about.

Tigers are the largest of cats. They have been known to roam this world for 2 millin years. The average tiger is 11 feet long and weighs 670 pounds. Can you even imagine? They live in Asia and Far East Russia. Tigers have the brightest of eyes, and hunt at night when their eyes are 6 times that of humans. They have the greatest of roars, and they also have what is called an 'infrasound' which is below the human hearing range. You may not be able to hear the tiger, but you can feel it in your bones. They love to swim, and they can swim up to 18 miles per day. One of the saddest facts is that the tiger is an endangered species, there are only 400 in the world.

The pictures in this ebook are brilliant. Each type of tiger is described, and you can see the picture of that tiger. The picture if their eyes is breathtaking, yellow/green eyes that seem to see into your soul. All aspects if a tiger are discussed. Almost any question you might have about them are described. I really liked this book a lot.

Recommended. 04-02-14
on 6 July 2014
I loved it
This book series educates me
READING IS SO important and awesome!!!!!
By P.G.B
P.S tigers r my fav animal in the www ( whole wide world) I watched tigers about the house on BBC2 last year and this year please watch it
X x
on 14 April 2014
it's a great book, he is a fantastic writer and I'd love to read the rest of his books there amazing!!!
on 15 March 2016
Lovely book, perfect for range of ages interested in tigers. Thin enough to take on holiday too
on 3 April 2016
Excellent for a tiger-mad early reader. And full of easy to absorb information.