Size: XS|Change

on 22 February 2012
This is an excellent product, so much better than the 'lampshade' affairs handed out by the vets. The dogs cannot reach round to bite their stitches/wound but are extremely comfortable with it on and seem quite happy to wear it. I have found it very robust. A very useful item to keep in the cupboard in case it may be needed.
on 15 November 2015
My 8 month old Rottweiler pup just had double elbow surgery, she came home with a cone collar on and she was terrified, uncomfortable and kept bashing into things. I wasn't sure what size to get but went for an extra large, she was comfortable straight away when it arrived and less depressed. The collar was a bit on the big size and fell off once or twice but once I added her ezydog neoprene collar it was perfect, since then a friend told me to watch out for sweat rash with it, but as I got the bigger size and put a neoprene collar inside she doesn't get sweat rash. My girl can just about get to her bum and 'mite' be able to reach her front paws so might be good if needed for those things. If I was going to try any other collar it would be a 'bite not collar' they don't look as comfy but I doubt they would be able to cause much damage and would be able to move around the house better than a lampshade collar.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on 22 September 2013
I purchased this after my puppy returned from the vets with one of those horrid lampshade collars and was extremely distressed. He would not move in it and just stood in the same spot with his head down and whimpering. This went on for hours. In the end I took the risk and removed it praying he would not lick his stitches. I ordered this by express delivery but to be fair did not arrive as quick as I thought and probably would have arrived just as quick via normal delivery. That does not mean to say I was not happy with my purchase. My Jack Russell Pup was all tails wagging with this one. It was easy to inflate and he even sat down to have it put on. He slept peacefully in it and looked really comfortable. I experienced no problems with him at all with this collar. He could still continue to do all his other activities such as eating etc as normal. I highly recommend this product and have already done so to a friend who's Pup will be due surgery in a few months. Just wish I'd have bought it beforehand but never knew they existed till I saw one on a dog at the vets. I then thought 'Amazon' and luckily enough I found one. Well worth the money and easily deflated to put away for use again.
on 17 March 2014
My Labrador Bella, was spayed 2 weeks ago and this collar has been great. Unlike with the traditional cone, she was comfy, she could eat and sleep and walk through doorways without crashing. It made what was a very sulky week a little bit easier for my poor girl. Glad to say she's just had her stitches out and all is well, thanks to this collar. Very happy dog and owner!
on 17 August 2015
This collar is durable and really easy to fit. My Labrador had a sore on his leg which he just wouldn't leave alone. I didn't want to put a rigid collar on him because, quite frankly, my paint work won't take the constant scraping so thought I would try this. It worked a treat in that it was enough of a deterrent to keep him off the sore most of the time. It was quite low down on his leg and he could actually still get to it but he had to work out how to do it. After a week he had left it alone enough for it to be fully healed. He loved wearing the collar and would get excited when I put it on him - using it as his own personal comfy pillow. Great product and a welcome change not to have a stressed out dog but if you need to keep your pet away from their lower legs it probably won't work as they will still get to it.
on 6 December 2011
I bought this for my cat who is recovering from an anal abcess and is not allowed to lick her nether regions. It seemed a good alternative to the buster collar which restricted her vision and made it difficult for her to eat or drink without food or water going everywhere unsupervised. I blew it up, followed the instructions and popped it on. Great! My cat was now able to eat and drink without having to keep backing up to reposition herself, also she didn't bump into the odd archetrave. Sadly this is where the advantages of this product ended. Despite following the instructions I spotted her, a few days later, having sussed it out, reaching round and washing her nether regions!! She reopened her wound and had to be put on another course of antibiotics. I have heard a few other people say this about dogs, but as my cat's neck is not as long I thought she would be ok with it. It was blown up fully and put on as directed. Also she found it a bit, 'neck cricking' sleeping. With the buster collar at least she could lay her head down without it having a blow up ring around it. Having said this, Comfy Collar is a lot easier to keep clean! I would recommend trying this collar if you have a dog or cat with a wound ABOVE the neck, but I couldn't guarantee their back feet wouldn't be able to reach the spot! If your dog or cat is also sick, it means that you can take the Comfy Collar off and wash the plastic outer covering, unlike the buster collar which just contains the sick and it then follows the poor cat everywhere if unsupervised, or who insists on 'sniffing' her 'number twos' after she's done while scooping a bit up accidentally and hopping up on the bed with mum in the middle of the night for cuddles, ewww! I had to go back to the buster collar to be sure she wouldn't lick her bottie. Try this product by all means, but you must ask yourself first 'Will my animal be able to reach their wound with their tongue, feet, or paws?' Make sure you don't suffer a set-back like I did. This was the smallest size at 4cms hole size tightest to 5ish cms loosest. My cat is very mini, and I reckon it might fit a large ferret or other small animal with a suitable length neck. Not sure if it would be suitable for rabbits or guinea pigs as their necks are that much shorter and it would probably be quite uncomfortable, even dangerous. But all in all a good idea, I'm sure it works for some, just not for my cat.
on 7 December 2012
My dog loved wearing it but as a replacement for lampshade type NO USE my dog was castrated and still managed to get his stitches out so had to get the dreaded lampshade ! Would be OK for front
end problems but not for rear end.
on 10 April 2015
I didn't think our choc lab, our legs and/or our furniture would cope with the 'Cone of Shame' so looked for a kinder/safer option and chose the Thrive Comfy Collar and so glad I did. I took it with us to the vets pre-op so they could put it on him prior to us collecting him and when we picked him up he calm and tolerating it exceptionally well....I put this down to the anaesthetic but here we are day 3 and he's still happy as Larry with it. It's stopped him from accessing the wound, appears to be comfortable and he's made no attempt to remove it. Would definitely recommend it to anyone.
review image
on 1 April 2016
Excellent buy for dogs who are scared of regular cones. Our Frenchie was as happy as a clam when we traded his cone for this one - didn't mind wearing it a bit, as he HATES regular cones with a passion so he must have been so relieved for the upgrade. He does look a bit daft in it though - he comes to work with us and people are always asking what it is (it's not really apparent that it's a type of cone) so we've taken to making things up. The stories we've come up with so far:

1: He was in a car crash and got whiplash
2: He can't swim and he keeps falling into puddles and whatnot so he has to wear this flotation device all the time as a precaution
3: Oversize collars are in fashion this year

One star taken off as the inner-tube (vinyl inflatable) got a tiny tiny tiny hole near the seam which slowly lets the air out over 2-3 hours, and is near impossible to patch as very few things like to stick to vinyl, and also the zipper broke off after a few months (wearing it on and off as needed).
on 22 July 2015
my 11 month old shih tzu had her spay operation 2 days ago and was sent home with a plastic
Cone. She was miserable wearing it and couldn't eat, drink or sleep properly in it, so when I took her back to the vets for her post op check up, I got talking to someone who worked there and they recommended this. Can't praise it enough. It was delivered within 24 hours of ordering and as soon as it was inflated(which took quite a bit of puff!!!!!) and put around her neck she was instantly happier, more content and able to eat, drink and sleep much better(plus she doesn't keep banging into things and scraping the old collar on the floor or my legs!!!).
review image