Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 16 Oct 2008 13:59:58 BDT
Mass says:
This movie was absolutely terrible and shouldnt be in anyones top 10 movies list. Indiana Jones returns to deal with russians who are after alien mind control powers.. ermm WTF?

Not even worth watching cause it ruins the entire franchise, just stick with the originals.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Nov 2008 18:24:08 GMT
Craig Holton says:
I don't think it was absolutely terrible but it was very disappointing and I agree it shouldn't make anyone's top ten list.

What it does show is that George Lucas (who came up with the (for want of a better word) story) has completely lost the magic he had in the late seventies/ early eighties.

On it's own it's an adequate, underwhelming adventure flick. As a fourth Indiana Jones film, it tarnishes and diminishes the originals but not quite to the degree the Star Wars prequels did to the original trilogy.

Not one to buy. Possibly rent, or wait for it to come to TV.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Nov 2008 13:56:44 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 17 Nov 2008 13:57:25 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Nov 2008 13:59:32 GMT
Last edited by the author on 18 Nov 2008 18:22:39 GMT
J. A. Gates says:
Oh dear,oh dear, what a totally disappointing film. A plot line seemingly sketched out on the back of an envelope, and characters to match. In watching the film it seems almost impossible to find the "who" or "why" in the script - just a series of what appears to be unrelated chase scenes - and when the viewer isnt even slightly absorbed in the story it is impossible not to notice the awful CG involvement.

Apart from Indi, the remaining characters totally lack any plausibility or charisma including poor Cate Blanchett who must surely, in hindsight, consider this not to be the highlight of her career. Shia LaBeouf as Indi's sidekick somehow appears to give very little, if anything, to the film, exuding as much punch as a childrens TV presenter and reminding one of Robin in the early Batman TV series.

The remaining characters are totally forgettable - which is just as well to save their embarrassment.

Definitely a B movie with plot and characters to match - Please can I have my money back

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Dec 2008 19:41:47 GMT
Its hardly up to you to decide other peoples likes and dislikes. I happened to like it. I can only assume you are very young .

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Dec 2008 18:06:20 GMT
Totally, totally agree. Certainly not one to keep and makes me really glad we didn`t bother going to the cinema to see it! We watched it in sheer disbelief (in between the boredom) and put it on Ebay the same night!

P.A. Porter

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jan 2009 18:10:44 GMT
Sandman says:
He's not `deciding' other peoples likes and dislikes. He stating an opinion. The correct one, as this is one of the worst films ever made, on whatever level you want to look at it. I can only assume that you have no taste whatsoever,

Posted on 11 Feb 2009 12:57:35 GMT
G. Thomas says:
Maybe it will never make anyone's Top 10 but I do think there's far too much self-regarding negativity attached to this film. Almost as though some think it's clever or cool not to like it. Oddly I didn't warm to it until my second viewing when I began to realise the only real shortcomings this film had were my own expectaions.

As for "one of the worst films ever made" all I can say is you seriously need to watch more films! Believe me... there are far far worse examples out there.

Posted on 28 Feb 2009 21:31:40 GMT
Paul Tapner says:
stick with the originals? I recall temple of doom getting slated by fans when it first came out

Posted on 18 May 2011 05:34:12 BDT
Havok says:
To me Indiana Jones will always be a Trilogy.
Crystal Skull is like Jar Jar Binks we didn't need it i mean really aliens could they not do a bit better than that good on its own but bundle it with the originals and it doesn't do indi justice.

Posted on 15 Jan 2012 13:58:36 GMT
Simon F. says:
Twice this has been on TV and twice all I've seen is the first ten to fifteen minutes, so now I've gotta wait until it comes round again. There's no way I'm gonna buy the DVD judging by the remarks here until I've seen it on da box!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on 9 Feb 2012 11:08:10 GMT
Fuzz-Box says:
If you've only seen the first 15 minutes, consider yourself lucky.
After an hour you'd want to put your foot through the telvision.
The film is awful beyond words.
I saw it at the cinema and hated it, then thought I'd give it a second chance when it was on TV.
It was even worse the second time.
I cannot understand anybody liking this steaming crap of a film.

Posted on 29 Feb 2012 17:49:47 GMT
All I have to say is, watch that SOUTH PARK episode for more proof why INDY IV was such a dreadful disappointment. Stan, Kyle & Kenny, I felt your pain. For me, THE LAST CRUSADE is the TRUE conclusion to the INDIANA JONES saga. That ending shot where Indy, his father, Marcus and Sallah all ride off into the sunset together was the perfect way to end the INDY trilogy.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  16 Oct 2008
Latest post:  29 Feb 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions