Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 15 Sep 2012 01:50:04 BDT
metroid02 says:
...but is a Wii U from the UK compatible with games from Germany/Austria? Thing is, although i live in Austria and I get all my games uncut, if i wanted to get the bundle id have to settle for the (probably) cut version of Zombi U from Germany. Now, I know that the EU uses PAL for their games, but does the same apply to the UK too? In other words, if i get this bundle form the UK, will I be able to play games purchased in Germany/Austria (PAL countries)? Im just concerned because ive lived in so many countries outside of the EU and had some very bad experience with videogame and movie regions and im just trying to avoid any trouble.

Im pretty sure the answer is yes, but when making the investment of roughly 410€ id rather be on the safe side here and ask. At least I allready pre-ordered it just to make sure ;)

Posted on 15 Sep 2012 02:42:14 BDT
Myxin says:
Yes, the UK also uses PAL. I'm from Germany and I order my games from the UK like all the time. Never had any problems + the most games are cheaper and almost always uncut.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Sep 2012 02:43:51 BDT
Last edited by the author on 15 Sep 2012 02:51:51 BDT
yes UK uses pal system games the only diference is the power cord plug,but you can buy an adapter to the cord plug to be able to connect the uk cord plug on normal European electricity sockets.Uk eletricity plugs and sockets diferente than EU STANDARD plugs and sockets

Posted on 15 Sep 2012 03:30:56 BDT
metroid02 says:
ah ok thanks alot, i always buy PC games from the UK (as they sometimes only cost a small fraction of what they cost over here) but thats the PC and not a console with its stupid region lock. oh well, thanks for the response though especially to Miguel, wouldnt have thought about the plug! Thanks in advance (though i do still hope that the german zombi u is uncut as that would be overall much cheaper and I would get it sooner ;)

Posted on 15 Sep 2012 10:56:16 BDT
Will the old games play in the u machine?

Posted on 15 Sep 2012 12:32:43 BDT
Myxin says:
Wii games will, GameCube games not.

Posted on 22 Jan 2013 12:07:15 GMT
Butch says:
As far as I'm aware all versions of the game have the same content. I haven't heard of any version having anything cut out anyway.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  15 Sep 2012
Latest post:  22 Jan 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Nintendo Wii U 32GB ZombiU Premium Pack - Black (Nintendo Wii U)
Nintendo Wii U 32GB ZombiU Premium Pack - Black (Nintendo Wii U) by Nintendo (Nintendo Wii U)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (48)